A Leica Day

bill

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Douglas.

I'm bumping this, because it is easily lost in the other traffic. People are signing up on the main thread in the Customer Forum. The more the merrier - we are up to nearly 20 already.

Regards,

Bill

I am delighted - and humbled - to say that in under 24 hours we have already passed the magic 50 mark in terms of those who have declared their participation in this project.

I will be more than happy to donate my promised £50 to the Disabled Photographer's Society as a result. Please, keep signing up, and please, if you wish, make your own donations, although that is not a prerequisite to take part.

Again, to reiterate, kit doesn't matter (as long as it's Leica) location doesn't matter, subject matter is entirely up to you.

Your participation is a great advertisement for what this Forum can do when we all pull together.

More details here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...tml#post476027

And the details of the Disabled Photographer's Society can be found here:

Welcome to the Disabled Photographers society

Thank you,

Bill

And the details of the Disabled Photographer's Society can be found here:

Welcome to the Disabled Photographers society

Thank you,

Bill

I am always leary of charities because there are really a lot that are total rip-offs. One of the worst where I live is a deputy sherriffs association which does cold calls and pleads for money to help kids. They were exposed a few months ago when an investigative report turned up that they give around 10% of what they raise to youth organizations. The rest goes to salaries and "fund raising."

Have you ever checked out this particular charity? I went on their website and couldn't find any statement about what part of the proceeds actually reach disabled photographers. I'm NOT making accusations--just trying to be prudent.

Thanks,

I entirely understand your caution, Brent, but the DPS has been operating for the past 40 years, and is a registered charity in the UK. That means it has to post accounts, and pass stringent criteria to be acknowledged as such.

They also have a close ties with the Royal Photographic Society. Their activities were covered in Amateur Photographer back in December last year -

The articles are reproduced in full here:

Disabled Photographers Society -Press Cuttings

...in short, they are about as legitimate as they come, and I am happy to be supporting them.

Regards,

Bill

I will participate from Canada with most likely a winter scene as another snow storm is expected tonight. Let us know how you would like the pictures titled so that it will make your work easier.

Thanks for taking us away from the Update as I think it was just poorly presented and really is nothing more than a refurbishment offer that results in an upgraded shutter and screen cover.

I will participate from Canada with most likely a winter scene as another snow storm is expected tonight. Let us know how you would like the pictures titled so that it will make your work easier.

Thanks for taking us away from the Update as I think it was just poorly presented and really is nothing more than a refurbishment offer that results in an upgraded shutter and screen cover.

Don, you are welcome. Please note that photos should be taken on the 29th of February, not tonight!

A gallery will be set up for the purposes of posting the photos; more details to follow.

PLEASE don't bring the upgrade into this thread! The whole point of the project is to bring people together - I don't care what anyone thinks about the upgrade!

Regards,

Bill

Excellent responses, thank you all. I haven't totted up yet, but we are well on the way to 100 participants - a tremendous response.

Just to clarify a couple of points:

• You can take your photo at any time on "your" February 29th
  • You can take it anywhere, of any subject; it is your vision
  • A dedicated sub-forum or gallery (TBA) will be set up for the purpose; Admin and I will work on this
  • You DO NOT have to post your picture on the day; those of us using film would struggle to do so! There will be a "window" for posting

Keep 'em coming!

Regards,

Bill

Excellent responses, thank you all. I haven't totted up yet, but we are well on the way to 100 participants - a tremendous response.

Just to clarify a couple of points:

• You can take your photo at any time on "your" February 29th
  • You can take it anywhere, of any subject; it is your vision
  • A dedicated sub-forum or gallery (TBA) will be set up for the purpose; Admin and I will work on this
  • You DO NOT have to post your picture on the day; those of us using film would struggle to do so! There will be a "window" for posting

Keep 'em coming!

Regards,

Bill

Hi' Bill,

... and for those of us who want to donate to the Disabled Photographers Charity, should we do this privately, or do you plan to coordinate a collective donation from the forum, perhaps by posting a standard template letter for us all to use?

Steve'

Hi' Bill,

... and for those of us who want to donate to the Disabled Photographers Charity, should we do this privately, or do you plan to coordinate a collective donation from the forum, perhaps by posting a standard template letter for us all to use?

Steve'

Excellent question, Steve. I shall be in touch with the DPS shortly, and I shall ask what is easiest for them.

Regards,

Bill