One in New Zealand

Two in Norway

Three in Spain

One in Turkey

Thirty-two in the United Kingdom

Twenty-two in the United States

and

One "Citizen of the World"...

That's a remarkable 87 Leica photographers so far who have decided to participate.

That makes this already the single biggest event we have ever planned or executed.

Keep 'em coming!

The Disabled Photographer's Society is guaranteed a minimum of £50 for your participation; if you choose to give more, that would be fantastic.

Keep signing up!

Regards,

Bill

Welcome Gerard!

We are now nearly up to 100...!

UK-based photographers who are taxpayers, please see here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/film-forum/45192-leica-day.html

Robert Parker has pointed out that we can make our money go further through allowing the DPS to claim an extra 28p on the pound through Gift Aid.

Regards,

Bill

One hundred in less than 72 hours!

This is an amazing response. Thank you all that have signed up.

Still room for plenty more!

Regards,

Bill

UPDATE:

Well, we are now up to 118 photographers worldwide who have signed up for One Leica Day.

To recap, take one picture on the 29th of this month, of where you are, what you are witnessing, and submit it to a dedicated area on the Forum.

The one rule is that you must use a Leica camera or lens (preferably both) to take your picture - film and digital are welcome.

Andreas (Admin) is working behind the scenes on embedded map software that will enable us to not just post our photos, but where they were taken!

I, and a number of others, have pledged to give a donation to the Disabled Photographer's Society. A donation is not mandatory, but if you wish to contribute, you will be most welcome.

UK photographers who pay income tax will be able to use "Gift Aid" to screw the Taxman and allow the DPS to claim back the tax on any donation, thereby making your money go even further!

I have been in touch with Shirley Britton of the DPS; she was delighted to hear what we are doing. I have suggested that we will also provide a form letter that people can download so that when your donation is received by them it's clear where it has come from.

There will be a dedicated area set up here shortly for all this; please be patient. In the meantime, please continue to sign up to the biggest event that we have yet seen on the Leica User Forum!

Regards,

Bill

UPDATE:

Well, we are now up to 118 photographers worldwide who have signed up for One Leica Day.

To recap, take one picture on the 29th of this month, of where you are, what you are witnessing, and submit it to a dedicated area on the Forum.

The one rule is that you must use a Leica camera or lens (preferably both) to take your picture - film and digital are welcome.

Andreas (Admin) is working behind the scenes on embedded map software that will enable us to not just post our photos, but where they were taken!

I, and a number of others, have pledged to give a donation to the Disabled Photographer's Society. A donation is not mandatory, but if you wish to contribute, you will be most welcome.

UK photographers who pay income tax will be able to use "Gift Aid" to screw the Taxman and allow the DPS to claim back the tax on any donation, thereby making your money go even further!

I have been in touch with Shirley Britton of the DPS; she was delighted to hear what we are doing. I have suggested that we will also provide a form letter that people can download so that when your donation is received by them it's clear where it has come from.

There will be a dedicated area set up here shortly for all this; please be patient. In the meantime, please continue to sign up to the biggest event that we have yet seen on the Leica User Forum!

Regards,

Bill

Sign me up Bill, I will both take and give.

Great, wonderful idea.

t

I think this is my first post in the forum although i have been lurking here for ages...

Count me in... mine will be from SINGAPORE

One Leica Day Update:

142 Leica Photographers...

26 countries represented...

12 days to go...

My deepest thanks to those who have signed up so far. This is a fantastic response.

Just for the record, 31% of participants are from the UK, 27% from the US, 5% from Germany, 4% from the Netherlands and from Japan. From a continental point of view, Europe accounts for 53% of participants, North America 30%, Asia 8%, Australia + NZ 5%, South America 1% and "unknown" 3% (Even extra terrestrials use Leica...

)

What happens next:

Make sure the date is in your diary - 29th FEBRUARY. You can shoot from midnight to midnight, but remember you can only submit ONE SHOT and it MUST be taken with a Leica camera or lens, preferably both. Film or digital is your choice, as is your subject matter. This is NOT a competition, it is a collaborative project, showing the world what we can do.

Andreas (Admin) will be setting up a separate area for the purposes of posting your photos. Normal rules will apply with regard to posting size. You will ALSO be able to mark on a map where your photo was taken.

The charity benefiting from all this activity is the DISABLED PHOTOGRAPHERS SOCIETY (DPS). UK members will be able to claim GIFT AID when making their donation. I am in touch with the DPS and will give clear instructions as to how best to make your donation. I am also asking them if, and how, they can accept overseas donations. Bear with me on this.

So. For now, think about where you will be, what kit you will be carrying, and how you can make your contribution stand out.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Regards,

Bill

The STICKY thread for One Leica Day is here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/45189-leica-day.html

The DPS is here:

http://www.disabledphotographers.co.uk/

The GIFT AID form is here:

HM Revenue & Customs: Appendix B1: Model Gift Aid Declaration

Update:

Films ready?

Memory cards ready?

Batteries charged (or not)?

This Friday, the 29th of February 164 Leica photographers have committed to take part in One Leica Day. This is a collaborative effort - no competition - all you have to do is use your Leica equipment to intepret the day as you see it, in a single photograph, and post it here.

The main beneficiary of all this activity is the Disabled Photographers Society - you do not have to donate if you take part, but it will be very welcome.

Over the next few days I shall post details of how you can donate. We will also let you know where to post your image when it is taken!

This is the biggest event we have ever done - let's make it special.

Regards,

Bill

The STICKY thread for One Leica Day is here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...leica-day.html

The DPS is here:

http://www.disabledphotographers.co.uk/

The GIFT AID form is here:

HM Revenue & Customs: Appendix B1: Model Gift Aid Declaration