Perfect marketing insight

Guest Robert Belasario

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Oh, wait, I see Andy is here. Calling someone else a "rude troll". I don't recall seeing such blatant immaturity and disrespect on this forum in a long while.

I did not call anyone a rude troll - I merely said that our threshold for rude trolls is pretty low at the moment.

If you have the opinions of Stunsworth and Bill that you do, I am afraid that you have not read what they have been contributing to this forum over the last 3/4/5 years.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my second post, but I've lurked for some time. Stunsworth tries to turn things around so it looks like others are calling us idiots when that's precisely what he's doing since we are smart enough to know when we're being called idiots, and when we're not. And "Bill" is beyond the pale, referring to another poster as illiterate. Is the forum moderator on holiday? Oh, wait, I see Andy is here. Calling someone else a "rude troll". I don't recall seeing such blatant immaturity and disrespect on this forum in a long while.

I actually said "illiterate troll". It was a fair description, from the "contributions" made thus far.

Regards,

Bill

...If M8 photography means the price of a D300 every 18 months - well, that's a pretty expensive way to spend your time. The Leica tradition is a "camera for life" - now rationally, nobody expected that for a digital camera. But I don't think many people would have predicted $1800 after such a short time on the market either. If Leica didn't antipipate a lot of angst around this, then they don't understand their market.

Sandy

No reason to buy every update. The camera you purchased is still the same camera. If you wanted a digital M camera that could take images on a par in quality to a film M and with similar handling and form factor you have got it. You could keep shooting with it as is for 10 years if you are happy with it. If any of the updates provide value to you then you also have that option.

I have to say the concept sounds pretty appealing.

Guest Robert Belasario

Gentlemen,

Semantics.... bright and smart explanations for anything you say or do .... turn it in every direction which at that moment in time becomes applicable. A very sad state of minf especially for a forum moderator, but then who am I to judge especially knowing now that you have all achieved so much for this forum over the past 2, 3 and 4 years.

Sorry and a pity I don't fit in to your "Toffee Club atmosphere"

I'm out ....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gentlemen,

Semantics.... bright and smart explanations for anything you say or do .... turn it in every direction which at that moment in time becomes applicable. A very sad state of minf especially for a forum moderator, but then who am I to judge especially knowing now that you have all achieved so much for this forum over the past 2, 3 and 4 years.

Sorry and a pity I don't fit in to your "Toffee Club atmosphere"

I'm out ....

Oh, darn! Please stick around and keep uttering phrases like this:

"Leica can introduce Solms made 850€ "Brownie cameras" and still rely on users defending the Leica glow and workmanship."

Words of endearment if ever I heard them.

I did not call anyone a rude troll - I merely said that our threshold for rude trolls is pretty low at the moment.

If you have the opinions of Stunsworth and Bill that you do, I am afraid that you have not read what they have been contributing to this forum over the last 3/4/5 years.

So you're implying that gives them license to berate and abuse at will? A pitiful stance for a forum moderator I must say.

I actually said "illiterate troll". It was a fair description, from the "contributions" made thus far.

Regards,

Bill

And you don't see it as detrimental to the forum for you to feed and bait someone whom you are convinced is a troll. Then again it's hard to expect better when a moderator engages in the same practise.

We M8 owners have so much to be thankful for as a result of these forums. If it weren't for the internet, Leica would not have needed to hasten general sorting of the more egregious "features" of the M8. To my thinking, the more the internet forums resemble a bunch of grumpy old goats butting heads for the sake of hearing the sound it makes, the less likely the manufacturers will consider it a representative sample of their market, and the less credence will be given to legitimate concerns.

And I don't believe the adjective "illiterate" has any place, troll or no troll. Our own beloved Guy Mancuso doesn't know the proper usage of then/than, there/their/they're and a host of other simple elements of English grammar and yet no-one refers to him as "illiterate". It was merely a combative insult on your part.

And you don't see it as detrimental to the forum for you to feed and bait someone whom you are convinced is a troll. Then again it's hard to expect better when a moderator engages in the same practise.

We M8 owners have so much to be thankful for as a result of these forums. If it weren't for the internet, Leica would not have needed to hasten general sorting of the more egregious "features" of the M8. To my thinking, the more the internet forums resemble a bunch of grumpy old goats butting heads for the sake of hearing the sound it makes, the less likely the manufacturers will consider it a representative sample of their market, and the less credence will be given to legitimate concerns.

And I don't believe the adjective "illiterate" has any place, troll or no troll. Our own beloved Guy Mancuso doesn't know the proper usage of then/than, there/their/they're and a host of other simple elements of English grammar and yet no-one refers to him as "illiterate". It was merely a combative insult on your part.

You really are not for real, are you?

Regards,

Bill

You really are not for real, are you?

Regards,

Bill

I rather wager it is you who is "not for real". I wager no-one here is deceived that if your words and attitude toward people in daily life was as reprehensible as it is on this forum, that you would be able to function within the social echelon that includes virtually all Leica users.

CliPar and Robert Belasario might they be one and the same.........

Just a thought.

:)

That'd be rather easy for the webmaster to disprove based on ISP. Surely you might've considered that before making such a silly statement.

I rather wager it is you who is "not for real". I wager no-one here is deceived that if your words and attitude toward people in daily life was as reprehensible as it is on this forum, that you would be able to function within the social echelon that includes virtually all Leica users.

ROTFL!

Hello Tum.

Regards,

Bill

Odd. I've met dozens of Leica users all over the last few years. I can't say that they've belonged to any single social or economic group.

And they called you (or someone else in your presence) illiterate? I was referring to mores and behaviour. But perhaps you know some Leica-using hooligans who disrespect others to their faces. I've never had the displeasure of meeting any in person.

What's a "Tum"? Some East End colloquialism? I didn't know they had WiFi in the pubs there yet :D

Tell you what, "Clive", your profile says you are in Cheshire.

Get on a train on Sunday, come down to London, and introduce yourself to me at 13:00 in the Chandos public house at the Trafalgar Square end of St Martin's Lane. I shall be in the upstairs bar, with a group of other "Leica-using hooligans". It would be a delight to debate with you face to face the "mores and behavior" of the Leica "social echelon".

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/forum-member-meetings/42669-london-chinese-new-year-2008-a.html

I shall very much look forward to meeting you, in order that you can reassure yourself that I am indeed as reprehensible in person as you clearly think I am.

Regards,

Bill