Your opinion about the new Leica website

LUF Admin

How do you like the new Leica Website? http://www.leica-camera.com  

154 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new Leica Website? http://www.leica-camera.com

• Great - finally a up-to-date website!
    • I like it - but I don't think I'm the target group
    • The intro isn't interesting for me - I click directly to the information I'm interested in
    • Annoying - I can't find my way any more.
    • Doesn't work for me - doesn't show up
    • I just don't like it - too "zeitgeisty"
    • Doesn't bother me

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flash intro is more then clumsy, doesn't connect to the product and it goes on foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. The navigation in the intro sucks.... all the blinking arrow things and trailing cursers. Did I mention trailing cursers....

I don't mind a bit of flash on the entrance page put make it quick and provide a link to skip right to the content or have some good navigation. I think the into page like it is right now can go right up there with the worst pages on the WWW.

Peter

In the usability business I built and ran for a few years we found that the overwhealming majority of users participating in our labs wanted to get to the meat of the site right away rather than view any "cool" flash and/or animation. The only ones who liked the "cool" were programmers, not users, and they were showing admiration for the technique.

In the usability business I built and ran for a few years we found that the overwhealming majority of users participating in our labs wanted to get to the meat of the site right away rather than view any "cool" flash and/or animation. The only ones who liked the "cool" were programmers, not users, and they were showing admiration for the technique.

Completely agree. I want information, not entertainment.

I've got a sneak peek on XP. Let's be fair, the new web site looks good ... but it better fits Hermes instead of Leica.

I'm running Firefox on Solaris 10 and Leopard, it just doesn't come up and keeps asking me to enable Javascript although it's always enabled on my workstations.

Somebody probably just took a hour or two dragging and dropping stuff in an IDE. The old handcoded site is a beauty.

Or perhaps I'm only a grumpy old fart, anything new is NOT good. LOL

Technically it's fine.

But what does it have to do with a Leica? How about showing - 'joe shmuk' - taking pictures out in the field getting dirty, or under the dim lights of an alley, or shooting a wedding,,,in other words using a Leica the way they are used by people who take photographs.

Don't make it glitzy - make it real........

1. On opening the site does not convey the image of a respected high-end camera maker (ie M-System). Assumed I had drifted onto a 2001 Casio website, or something equally nasty.

2. I like the Hasselblad UK model, appealing, but looks professional. They have a "Masters" section from the front page - can see immediately all the great work done with these cameras. And when you think of the great work done with the M-Series that is available, why not use that! Instead we have an attempt at some form of retarded lifestyle video, I hope this is not the direction in which the management is steering.