dseelig

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, yeah, whatever...

Perhaps the author is a better photographer than he is a writer, but I for one just couldn't stay interested in his statements about the M8. Nothing new here.

Why post this? Because he's a 'pro' ?

His first name could be 'Pro'

Advertisement (gone after registration)

He says Leica "need to step up to the plate and hit it out of the park".

I don't know much about baseball, but that doesn't seem like a winning strategy. Aren't you meant to hit the ball?

He's welded together two cliches, "step up to the plate" and "hit it out of the park" which both derive from baseball, but are commonly used in business. That he did this means that I will not be reading the article.

JC

Why do you want us to look there? Mr Harrington may be an ok photographer, but I disagree with every single word he's written there.

What is your point? That he doesn't like or understand the value of an M8? That he's only publishing comments that agree with his perspective?

His point is that Leica produced their first digital rangefinder with some defects and that Leica hasn't entirely set things right at their expense.

First efforts by other companies have also had defects (focus problems with the Nikon D70, for example), but those companies had the resources to simply bring out new models.

Leica is a much smaller company, and their models have traditionally lasted for years. Not at all in tune with the rapid (maybe too rapid) pace of the digital camera world.

I have seen many comments on this forum to the effect that the upgrade is really a for-cost fix for product defects. Whether one agrees with that or not, it seems to me that it is an entirely valid point of view.

I do disagree with one thing in the article: That shutter vibration seriously affects picture quality. Maybe there is too much vibration, but he exaggerates.

--Marc

For those of you who do not know Mr. Harrington he has given a lot of time to speaking out for photographers rights and educating photographers as to protecking themselves from giving away there rights. Read his blog look at his past blogs even if you disagree with him on this issue. David PS Actually I disagree about the vibration as well.

So friggin what he is a self proclaimed activist, that's his platform that he makes money from. He really doesn't have too many people's finances at heart other than himself and his sidekicks. The whole site is one big advertisement of himself and his mates crap all those get rich quick books a step down from a trashy novel