The Backyard

fotografr

Thanks much both Williams.

William The 1st: I just went with the M7 metering--nothing special. This was Fuji color neg, so there was a bit of latitude. England has a summer? I'd have gone there years ago if I'd known that.

William The 2nd: If I could do anything with pastels and a canvas, I probably never would have become a photographer. I think a lot of us are frustrated artists.

Brent -

You wife did very well with this, and it, fortunately, is becoming a trend. All along the Hudson River in Manhattan, from Battery Park to 57th street there are similar gardens. Your shot is lovely, with terrific framing, focus, color and bokeh.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

William--Great shots (and location!). Nora is a big fan of the English gardens and has been there several times to visit some of her favorites and to take in some London Galleries. I'm afraid they put our little parcel here to shame--not to mention the structures that they often surround.

Stuart--It's a trend here, also. My wife was among the first in our neighborhood to completely do away with lawn in order to establish gardens. Now, they're all over the area. They even look great in the winter if properly maintained.

Brent,

It is a joy for me to see what some of you guys can do with your experience and your beautiful equipment. We moved into our "blank slate" nineteen months / two growing seasons ago......The resident gardner is furiously transforming the land. I showed her your photograph.........She knows that these gardens don't just pop-up.....Al

btw, the image seems to have almost a granular look (in an artistic sort of way). Is that from the nocti, or the film, development, or post processing (loaded question i know)?

My guess is that it's from my scanning. The film is very fine grain (just 100 ISO), so I would doubt that's where it comes from. My neg film scans never look anywhere near as good as William's, although I know his are commercial grade lab scans.

I am behind the 8 ball again and missed this Nocti shot...

Lovely... Great shot, great Bokeh, and great looking garden.

I tried growing one of these garden... I ended up with weeds... and not the smoking kind either.... bummer :) I will try the garden thing again!

Nocti is still a very special lens.