M8 ergonomics poll

dalippe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the wind on lever thing, how difficult (MarkNorton) would it be to modify the shutter button and just put a dummy film advance lever on it - it could work like a thumbs up by just coming out and being a nice place to hold the thumb. The ideal version would be that used on the MP.

Been thinking more about this.

Take the top plate of a MP.

Start with a gloss paint M8 top plate, complete with leica in white. The manual film rewind knob stays but is now an exposure compensation control. The film counter is now battery and frames left, and the shutter button has a wind on lever below it that doubles as a on off/ thumb rest. All that is now needed is a control for single shot/ delay etc, and this can go below as now.

All this would make the M* look just like the MP from above, and with cosmetic changes to the frame selector and a dummy battery cover the front as well.

Just dreaming but hey why not?

A yes, blue tooth or something like that will be great, and a smaller charger.

There is a smaller charger, which comes with M8.2. I even bought it separately for my M8 for travel.

As for the original post, I don't think I would own the M8 if it had a dSLR form. For that I have my Nikon d700. DO NOT add anyhting to Leica M what would increase it's size/weight.

And I might be odd, but I love the bottom plate. It is just like Leica M.

Well, in case you don't recognise the divine Scarlett Johansson, Jaap, I'd have to say that she'd be welcome to borrow my body anytime.

Dream on boys. I think most women would agree her husband, Ryan Reynolds (Adventureland) qualifies as a major hunk.

Edited by fotografr

I find the M8 too thick. Whenever I pick up my MP I find it far more pleasing to hold and handle. I find the removable bottom plate unpractical. Particularly whenever I have to change the card often. I use my M8 extensively with the additional handle. Particularly when using the largest lenses, like the WATE or Noctilux.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I find the M8 too thick... I use my M8 extensively with the additional handle.

You see! This is the great thing about the M-system design!

It's all things to all men.

Or in this case, all things to the same man! Both too thick, and apparently not thick enough (thus necessitating an extra handle).

To all those people (actually a minority) clamoring for a built-in grip: I give you this perfect exposition of the unique flexibility of the Leica M - able to satisfy those who want a thin camera AND a thick one! Even at one and the same time!

Well, in case you don't recognise the divine Scarlett Johansson, Jaap, I'd have to say that she'd be welcome to borrow my body anytime.

(* and by 'body' I naturally mean the camera)

Wait, so are we now talking about the ergonomics of the M or Scarlett Johansson?