Does anyone use the 135mm focal length?

Guest darkstar2004

What viewfinder could be used, or adapted for use, with a 135mm lens like the f3.4 without detatchable lens unit, on an M8?

On the market one can find a not uncommon 3rd party VF (TEWE) with 180 frame, and maybe some other... but for my experience is better to get accustomed to use the M8 VF (with an enlarging adapter, like the Leica 1,25 or 1,40 or the 3rd party 1,35) and choosing between one of these two methods:

1) RF area... 135 is about 1,5x... not difficult to evaluate

2) 90 mm frame : it can be easily shown with the TE 135 f4, turning the lens a little bit after the standard end click (don't know if it's the same with Apo Telyt) : 135 is about 1/3 less.

The more you use it, the more you acquire the ability to evaluate framing correctly; imho, is always better than having to switch between VF/RF and an external finder: with a 15 or 21, leaving the direct control over the RF isn't so important, but with a 135 is annoying.

this is the TEWE I quoted... a 35-200 zoom... parallax adjustement, 180 mm setting

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The APO 135 is in focus at infinity from several hundred meters oiut. Here's an example of good 'reach"

the ifrst is a normal shot to show the scene (used a view camera)

then a full view and a 100% with the M8 and 135mm APO

there is NO sharpening except whatever genuine fractle might do or jpg artifacts. It is a quite sharp lens

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

On the market one can find a not uncommon 3rd party VF (TEWE) with 180 frame, and maybe some other... but for my experience is better to get accustomed to use the M8 VF (with an enlarging adapter, like the Leica 1,25 or 1,40 or the 3rd party 1,35) and choosing between one of these two methods:

[ATTACH]105764[/ATTACH]

I use the 135mm f3.4 APO and have the Nikon Vario VF. However, I prefer to just use the lens without the VF. Framing is not as difficult when used with the magnifier. High shutter speeds are very necessary and I have not managed to get good shots unless the sun is very bright (for obvious reasons).