Sign in to follow this  
jojo2

buy or wait

Don't buy anything you are not worthy

Eccentric "noun: 1. One that deviates markedly from an established norm, especially a person of odd or unconventional behavior."

I enjoy being eccentric, that is what we are, trust me, we really are. But who cares about that anyway? Edison was eccentric, Bill Gates definately is eccentric, Einstein = not Joe Sixpack, Margaret Thatcher - weird to put it mildly, Nelson Mandela just a regular guy? I think not!!

Eccentric is good it means our of the ordinary i.e. extraordinary.

Rob: Where the hell, how do you guys find year old threads like this to revive

The forum is dying, Rob. An ever decreasing circle of people discussing and ever decreasing number of topics.

Sadly,

Mark

Where the hell, how do you guys find year old threads like this to revive

That's human browsing error: I intended to reply to another topic, linked to this one, and went to the wrong tab to do it... regardless my post still applies to what's above it here, even if it's a bit "old"

Cheers

Guest bwcolor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, I sense the forum may be on its death bed. There do seem to be a sort of hard core of people saying the same things over and over, complaining more and more about the camera and one another. Part of this must be do to the fact that Leica's M8 series is so out of date, so limited and that the company offers no hints at the future, and appears to be pricing itself to gain every cent before winding up the M entire. Bye, bye.

Yes, I sense the forum may be on its death bed. There do seem to be a sort of hard core of people saying the same things over and over, complaining more and more about the camera and one another. Part of this must be do to the fact that Leica's M8 series is so out of date, so limited and that the company offers no hints at the future, and appears to be pricing itself to gain every cent before winding up the M entire. Bye, bye.

I suggest you take a deep breathe, open your window and look outside your window, to the real world, drinking a glass of Clos-Vougeot. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yes, I sense the forum may be on its death bed. There do seem to be a sort of hard core of people saying the same things over and over, complaining more and more about the camera and one another.

What a crying shame that people don't look outside the M8 section, and start to contribute to the rest of the forum.

This forum is so much more than just this bit, and, as with anything in life, the more you put in, the more you get out.

very dificult to be orginized, you have all the reason

on the other hand I´m waiting with all my heart and all my leica lenses, for full format digital M body, I still shot and develop film, and have a sony R1 just to give an idea of what digital is all about, but I refuse to use a diferent format for my photography. It´s the way I organize my vision, and sometimes vision is all we got.

I suggest you take a deep breathe, open your window and look outside your window, to the real world, drinking a glass of Clos-Vougeot. I'm sure you'll be fine.

What's Clos-Vougeot, should I buy some for my 401K?

The forum is dying, Rob. An ever decreasing circle of people discussing and ever decreasing number of topics.

Yes, into the Leica Black Hole, oeps, Circle:eek:

If I were you I would ask myself what do you want to shoot? If it is rangefinder type of stuff then by all means get a m8 if it is action like sports or concerts or if id did not know I would get a cheap digital dslr and try it. the rangefinder is a very specific type of camera to me. IE street scenes some nature reportage but it is not for sports or high action for a paper. I would defitnly want it with a warranty or bought from someone you could trust. As there have been problems I never saw until recently, a bad line of pixels i could only see at 640 iso. MY m8 is my everyday non assignment walk around camera. Remember any dslr from canon or niikon currently made will have less noise at high isos 1600 on up. david

Remember any dslr from canon or niikon currently made will have less noise at high isos 1600 on up. david

Make that ISO 640 on up...