Cv 35/1.4

sdai

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is it will render more like the 50/1.5 Nokton, and not a bad thing if it was so. At less than half the price of a Summarit 35 /2.5 ( and 1.5 stops faster.. ) and considering also that Zeiss has nothing under f/2, this Nokton could be a real hit - if the QI is on a pair with the best C/V offerings-.

Really wondering how this is going to render. Sure looks a lot smaller than the 35/1.2 nokton that I lug around.

My dream is that it will render similar to the older 35 pre-asph summicrons.

Looking at the element's scheme, it seems very similar to the Summicron 35 version I, or (and i guess it was the starting point for developing the lens IMHO) the summilux 35pre-asph with one more element.

So i guess (just my humble opinion) it should be very "soft", less clinical lens.

And maybe that's why it's called "classic" too.

It would be nice to find a lens in this segment with "dreamy-soft" carachteristics, almost the same as Zeiss does with its ZM-c lenses. Well done!

best

Maurizio

I understand Zeiss has also made lenses designated "C" for "classic" - perhaps made in the same Cosina facility.

For the Zeiss lenses the "C" means that they're deliberately old-fashioned in their rendering (or 'drawing,' for those who insist on the term): creamy-looking at wide apertures, sharp by f5.6 or 8.

Perhaps the compact design & "classic" designation means that the new Nokton will also have these qualities.

Kirk

Pleased to see it has the tabs/wings on the aperture ring.

Focal length 35mm, aperture range 1.4 - 16, number of aperture blades 10, shortest focus distance 0.7m, rangefinder coupling 0.7m - infinity, filter size 43mm, weight 200g, hood LH-6 that's the vented one. It's overall dimensions are very similar to the 40mm Nokton. If the mount is the same as the 40mm there will be a screw where the 6-bit coding needs to go.

Bob.

If the mount is the same as the 40mm there will be a screw where the 6-bit coding needs to go.

If it uses the mount of the 35 Pancake Skopar II there will be a screw as well.

But I filled it up , at the right spot, with a dab of black paint and hand coded with no problem.

I find it interesting that this lens has generated now 8 pages of commentary over on the RF forum. It seems to be getting a different reception here.

Of course, this is the Leica forum.

Yes, and it's all because of this "damn" 35lux asph:D

Ciao Tim!

Maurizio

Looks like a nice piece of kit. It will be interesting to see a comparison to the 35 lux asph and how it does in back focusing tests. Here is a higherres image

- C

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!