if you could only have 3 lenses....

jklotz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a walking holiday, just two: 28, 135 (only two lenses used in this set The English Lake District)

On a mobile assignment 21, 28, 50, 75 (John Surman/Chris Laurence/Trans4mation)

In the real world, it ranges from CV15 through to 135 apo (all the steps bar 24mm) - and I really want a CV 12 now that I've got the WATE finder.

Only 3? - 28/50/75 - but it would hurt, really hurt.

Best

M8: 21/4.5 zm, 28 cron, 'lux 50 asph

MP: 'lux 35 asph, 90 elmarit-m

just one lens: 'lux 35 asph.

travelling 2 cameras, 2 lenses...'cron 28 and 'lux 50 asph.

portraits on M8: zeiss 50/1.5 C sonnar

if you could only have 3 lenses, which 3 would they be?

i'm a relatively new convert to leica and the m8, but can already see from this thread that the temptation to find, try, own and use everything with a red dot or M bayonet is quite strong.

so, like wilson with his billingham m "limit" for sailing, i hope that i'll be able to limit myself to the camera, a summilux 35 asph, summilux 75 and zeiss distagon 16mm f2 (for arriflex) in a billingham L2 and collect good images instead of hardware?

:-) rick

In my case it wouldn't. The one lens would be a 28mm - I have a Voigtlander 28mm f1.9.

Yes, if Leica could make a 28 Lux with the look of my 35 ASPH stopped down, and a low-contrast look opened up, that would be my favourite all-round on the M8 :)

My favourite special purpose lenses didn't make it in my "just three list": I left the Nocti, the 90 Cron pre-asph (love that lens) and 90 Elmarit "Thin" (smallest 90 I've ever used) off because for general photography there are better choices.