Anyone have used this website MPB?

ManSter420

• ManSter420 changed the title to Anyone have used this website MPB?
21 minutes ago, gotium said:

you mean MPB? Have used a collection of times, only good experiences so far. Only negative is that their offers are not always competitive when selling gear to them. 

yes MPB

they have apo lens I was looking for and their price was too good to pass 

TY I will gamble 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

They are OK, first hand experience.
Keep in mind that it is also a dumping ground for all things defect, decentered, water damaged, hazed, fungused and dropped. Buying from them is a lottery. But they do have a solid return policy.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Antonio Russell said:

Beware when buying from the EU. Theiri prices do not include VAT, etc. and you will get a bill from customs upon import.

not really, dont they have a mpb EU site? If you buy from the EU site, they eill ship within Europe, no need for VAT if you are in EU.

Overall positive from me, e.g. I bought a camera and 2 lenses.  I assume they are market rates, the value of the Fuji X100F I sold went down over a couple of weeks as Fuji launched a new model.  They rejected a Fuji wide angle converter as they detected fungus, I never noticed that.  A good experience with returns, I bought a Nikon DSLR and no problem returning within the no quibble period Tried to sell a dead Sony as they have a “spares and repairs” but they would not purchase.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Malabito said:

not really, dont they have a mpb EU site? If you buy from the EU site, they eill ship within Europe, no need for VAT if you are in EU.

That's what I thought, but apparently not the case.... billing and shipping is from UK. At least in Europe. Not sure about ROW.

Edited by Antonio Russell

Three years ago, I bought an M240P in original packaging for a reasonable price from them. It was in a very good condition and continues to function without any problem. The plug of the charger's cable did not fit to the Central-European socket, but upon request, the sent me the right one without additional cost and also gave me a small reduction as a compensation. I didn't have to pay VAT as deliverance was from their outlet in Germany within the country. So I made a quite positive experience with them.

Problems can arise with every professional seller but if dissatisfied, you always can return the item when purchased via internet. Good luck with your decision.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Antonio Russell said:

Beware when buying from the EU. Theiri prices do not include VAT, etc. and you will get a bill from customs upon import.

I am in Europe (Belgium). VAT is included and there was no surprise…

5 hours ago, Antonio Russell said:

That's what I thought, but apparently not the case.... billing and shipping is from UK. At least in Europe. Not sure about ROW.

I am pretty sure that if you buy from their eu site you dont need to pay any taxes. Perhaps you bought from the uk site by mistake.

5 hours ago, Antonio Russell said:

You are wrong, you must have logged to UK website. The billing and shipping to and from is always from Berlin for members of EU.

I can confirm at least that being in Iceland, I was not allowed to buy from the UK site, only from the EU site. It was a bit frustrating as Iceland is not in either the UK or EU, and the UK site had the item I wanted, not the EU one. My only experience with buying was when they were more flexible back in 2019. I bought an S adapter L from them at a bargain basement price (1/3rd of retail) in mint condition and the transaction was easy and seamless. I had to pay VAT, but that is always the case for Iceland.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Al Brown said:

You are wrong, you must have logged to UK website. The billing and shipping to and from is always from Berlin for members of EU.

Not in my case. I enquired about VAT specifically and was told that the item would ship from UK and I would have to pay VAT on import to the EU. This is also a fee payable to the postal service for the paperwork.

Edited by Antonio Russell