Leica S 007 CF card release switch + Capture One question

Phill H

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone experienced any issues with the S 007 CF card eject switch not returning to the neutral position when a CF card is inserted? I had an issue when the card is pushed down the switch will not return to neutral position, pushing back in ejects the card each time.

Using Capture One (21) to process the DNG files I have experienced the inability to correctly recover slightly overexposed highlights. Using the highlight control results in a red bias the other channels drop below 255 but not proportionally the red channel. This still occurs with a dedicated profile although not with Photoshop. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies. The Capture One issue is strange one, works fine with the S 006 files. I'll have to try DNG files from another camera to see if something is amiss with the C1 profile or the camera. 

Hi Phill,

the highlight slider works for all three channels for S007 files in my C1 version. In some situations the „highlight detection“ stays red at the edge between overexposed and normal parts.

In this situation it helps to reduce the exposure first and use the brightness slider. LR is much user friendly here.

Andreas