Strap Pin not connecting

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This great camera is giving me some issues getting the one strap end attached. The usual click and it is attached does not work, as it can not get all the way in - it can get the most of the way and then stops 1mm from the end or just where it normally “clicks”. I have tried pushing in the release pin, seems to behave like normal, and also tried a little tiny bit of oil to lubricate the function, but to no immediate success.

Any of you who have had this? Or have any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

There is a chance that there is a piece of fluff or similar that has worked itself inside. Ask your dentist for a used endodontic file, try and twist it to lock and pull it out. If that does not work, off to Leica it is for a long wait, I fear. 

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

There is a chance that there is a piece of fluff or similar that has worked itself inside. Ask your dentist for a used endodontic file, try and twist it to lock and pull it out. If that does not work, off to Leica it is for a long wait, I fear. 

Thanks @jaapv - i will try the file if possible. Are you or anyone aware of how it is screwed together or have any diagrams or similar? It is porpably something small trapped inside of the mechanism. I know the camera is probably not as easy to screw apart

You are "lucky' that it seems to be the left pin only. So using a wrist strap will still work. I have mine configured like this with the plug on the left side and I use the right side only.  If all else fails, maybe this could be a solution for you?

I carry the camera in a small bag (Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 V2) which has it own straps, and I always use the wrist strap when I want to be ready to shoot. This works perfectly with these small bodies.