Limited Leica M4 'Las Vegas' Edition.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've posted it here for interest, amusement(?), and comment. 

This vendor on Etsy is offering a "Limited M4 Summicron-M F/2 35 ASPH Las Vegas Edition".  It is a rather unusual camera with unique engraving that is perhaps to some people's taste but with an asking price of £41,000 I shall forgo this one.

Who knows, perhaps it will appreciate and become a work of art in a few years that sells for millions.  Or perhaps not ...

Pete.

• Like 1

I guess that's the "New York, New York" hotel on the bottom.  What some people will do to a precision instrument...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bet you someone woke up with a bad hangover in a room at the Circus Circus with 'I love LuAnne' tattooed on his arm and this decoration painted on his Leica, probably both done at the same place.

Edited by Anbaric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 250swb said:

Rather than 'engraving' I think somebody has had decals printed up to slap on an already worn camera body. 9/10 for an imaginative scam though.

On taking a closer look I think you're right, Steve, and it's some form of 'wrap' rather than an engraving.

Still wouldn't convince me to spend £41,088.01 to acquire this "epitome of sophistication and precision" though.  I am content to remain unsophisticated and imprecise. ^_^

Pete.

• Like 1

Certainly someone without any taste whatsoever and with little or no appreciation for the M4 and the lens. Both ruined with some kinf of 'wrap'. I can't imagine someone who loves photography and who likes Leica equipment would feel happy having this poor creation.

Lex

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, dubois pierre said:

I think that the engraving artist of this M4 "Las Vegas Edition" is the same for the M4 presented by Leitz Photographica Auction in its next sale and this for much less (for the moment)😉.

https://www.leitz-auction.com/en/Leica-M4-gold-plated-Taiwan/A00840

I note that the 'Photographica edition' is gold-plated whereas the 'Etsy edition' is the normal silver chrome.

I wonder if the gold-plated edition is more sophisticated and precise. 🤔 ^_^

Pete.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, farnz said:

I note that the "Photographica" edition is gold plated while the "Etsy" edition is normal silver chrome.

I wonder if the gold plated edition is more sophisticated and precise.🤔 ^_^

Pierre.

This does not justify the price difference; it would be surprising and improbable for the gold plated to reach £41,000.

4 minutes ago, dubois pierre said:

This does not justify the price difference; it would be surprising and improbable for the gold plated to reach £41,000.

I completely agree but I don't think anything justifies the £41,000 price tag on the Etsy edition. :blink:

Pete.

And if you think gold plating is expensive just consider the number of Gold Zorki’s you‘d need to metal down to reclaim a worthwhile amount of gold, millions!

• Haha 1

Am 29.5.2024 um 21:37 schrieb 250swb:

if you think gold plating is expensive just consider the number of Gold Zorki’s you‘d need to metal down to reclaim a worthwhile amount of gold, millions!

...and even millions will not be enough. None of so called "golden Zorki" is gold plated, it is striped down to brass and polished. After few weeks it oxidises and is dull

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2024 at 6:45 PM, TomB_tx said:

Had a trade show meeting in Vegas once - that was more than enough.

Spent 7 years there late 70's-mid 80's. Get a mile away from the strip or Fremont St., and it is just a normal town. Great schools, outstanding city & county parks & recreation, with an emphasis on kid's programs. Very good schools with an emphasis on reading for the little ones. I realize that things can change in 39 years, but people are still people.

• Like 1