Jump to content

Cannot save user profiles on Q3


Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got a Q3 and am away on holiday.

I had no issues saving profiles on my Q2 but cannot do it in Q3. Menu 4, user profiles show default, but when I move down to a blank entry, it does not give me option to save. I even upgraded firmware version via my phone which was so efficient, but it did not help.

Can one of you brilliant people tell me what I am doing wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TheLaird said:

Just got a Q3 and am away on holiday.

I had no issues saving profiles on my Q2 but cannot do it in Q3. Menu 4, user profiles show default, but when I move down to a blank entry, it does not give me option to save. I even upgraded firmware version via my phone which was so efficient, but it did not help.

Can one of you brilliant people tell me what I am doing wrong?

CREATING PROFILES

Saving settings/creating a profile.
Create custom settings for the desired functions via menu control

Select User Profile in the main menu

Select Manage Profiles
Select Save as Profile
Select a memory slot

Confirm the selection

Edited by R4p70r
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, R4p70r said:

CREATING PROFILES

Saving settings/creating a profile.
Create custom settings for the desired functions via menu control

Select User Profile in the main menu

Select Manage Profiles
Select Save as Profile
Select a memory slot

Confirm the selection

Thanks. Is this under menu 4? That is what I was using but it does not give me option to save,etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TheLaird said:

Thanks. Is this under menu 4? That is what I was using but it does not give me option to save,etc.

Yes, it is under the Menu 4 register. Have you tried resetting the camera and see if it works after that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok reset the camera. And it still did not work. however ...

From menu 4, User Profiles you go straight into Default Profile. You need to up arrow to get to Manage Profiles. simples.

 

thanks for the help but it is down to user error!,

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheLaird said:

Ok reset the camera. And it still did not work. however ...

From menu 4, User Profiles you go straight into Default Profile. You need to up arrow to get to Manage Profiles. simples.

 

thanks for the help but it is down to user error!,

I have the Q2, and it's similar on the SL2-S. I put this down less to user error and more to unintuitive menu design by Leica. Having to scroll over the page for just one, vital, entry (you can up-arrow as you did, or scroll down below the bottom of the page) is poor design. A basic principle should be to have no menu list longer than can fit in a page. Other cameras recognise this (Sigma fp for one).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, TheLaird said:

Ok reset the camera. And it still did not work. however ...

From menu 4, User Profiles you go straight into Default Profile. You need to up arrow to get to Manage Profiles. simples.

 

thanks for the help but it is down to user error!,

 

4 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I have the Q2, and it's similar on the SL2-S. I put this down less to user error and more to unintuitive menu design by Leica. Having to scroll over the page for just one, vital, entry (you can up-arrow as you did, or scroll down below the bottom of the page) is poor design. A basic principle should be to have no menu list longer than can fit in a page. Other cameras recognise this (Sigma fp for one).

 

Yes, I think I made the same mistake at the beginning with the M11 and Q3. I was wondering why is so complicated implemented? Not very intuitive. At least it is not a extreme deep dive with each menu option like with Sony and sometimes Fujifilm cameras.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...