Fotos App needs confirmation every single time !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey, 

there is one thing that I don’t understand. Why do I  have to confirm every time that I want to connect to the camera? 
it’s the one thing that slows everything down.

i would love to have the option to confirm this once and for all! 

if I decide to use the app and I select the camera, I made up my mind! 
I don’t need this question every time. 

I can understand that we need this if we connect camera and app for the first time, but pls this drives me nuts. 

anybody willfull to join the rant? 

cheers Peter 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

Hey Elmar,

I am also using the xpro 2 from Fuji and I don’t have to confirm there? 
if this is an apple thing then the Fuji developer are doing something different. 

Are you happy with the confirmation at every single connection? 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Pelu2010:

Are you happy with the confirmation at every single connection? 

No, I hate that. the Leica App manager told me That it is a necessity of the Apple operating system. 

Hey Elmar, 

ok that’s sad.

But the developer team can’t writ a script for the app that automates the confirmation and is embedded in the software? 

I can’t imagine that this is not possible. 

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 hours ago, Pelu2010 said:

anybody willfull to join the rant? 

+1. It’s taking too much time again and again. If this is a privacy thing or theft prevention I don’t understand either, the system should know that it’s my phone and my camera, iPhones are protected with FaceID or former tech with that purpose. 

Besides, on my M10-R I can only choose between very small jpeg files to download or the big RAW file. Both are useless when you travel and want to share your images with friends/family. You’re getting laughed at with your expensive camera when they show their iPhone photo’s. Leica should see that this is ridiculous and bad for their reputation. 

Edited by otto.f

Hey Otto, 

that is my point! 
if it’s a security thing then you can change this with a script. I am sure of that. 

and I don’t get that Fuji and Sony is able to make an app where this is not an issue. 

I am using both of these systems and I bet that Canon has also found a way around it. 

I just don’t get that this is an apple issue. 

to me it’s seems like it’s a problem with low priority for Leica and I can tell you, that for me it’s high priority, because it takes time in a crucial situation. 

If the connection would be instant > then I could tolerate it , maybe 🤔 , but there is also the problem of connectivity in general. 
Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn’t , this is just to complicated for an interaction that should go instant. 

if we want to incorporate a smartphone into the process. 

the new camera and new iOS versions are better but the connectivity ist still an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Pelu2010:

Hey Elmar, 

ok that’s sad.

But the developer team can’t writ a script for the app that automates the confirmation and is embedded in the software? 

I can’t imagine that this is not possible. 

If many of us write to Leica there is a chance that they do something. 

Posted (edited)
vor 4 Stunden schrieb otto.f:

Besides, on my M10-R I can only choose between very small jpeg files to download or the big RAW file. Both are useless when you travel and want to share your images with friends/family. You’re getting laughed at with your expensive camera when they show their iPhone photo’s. Leica should see that this is ridiculous and bad for their reputation. 

If you don't record the JPG you cannot download it. Set your camera to record DNG + JPG, so you can choose between 3 different files. Easy, isn't it?

Edited by Loop Skywalker

5 hours ago, Loop Skywalker said:

If you don't record the JPG you cannot download it. Set your camera to record DNG + JPG, so you can choose between 3 different files. Easy, isn't it?

Yes that's true. I always use this setting. Most of the time with Medium Jpgs. Thanxs Loop Skywalker . 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Loop Skywalker said:

That's what I thought later on, thanks.

Edited by otto.f