Jump to content

Year 2024 - the real price of MD


Recommended Posts

Being it was so short a product run and relatively few units, I’d expect better shape copies to cost enough I’d be more apt, for the same or less money, to look for a nice used M10 instead.

No asking price would surprise me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd see this as :

- if you want/need one, your best price is THE right price

- if you don't want/need one, then any price ...is too high

- another idea is M-D (typ 262) will never be made again, so "up to you"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2024 at 11:34 AM, tom24 said:

What is the real price of a Leica MD (type 262) in excellent condition at this time?
They vary on eBay (from very high to kind of low).
Maybe someone knows?

I have been monitoring serial numbers of M-Ds for a few years now, and I have also made a note of prices. 2024 seems to have been very slow for M-D sales though I have not been paying that close attention recently TBH.

2024 Prices seen: $7200 $5209

2023 Prices seen: AUS$8277 $5230 $4779 $4200 NOK50000 EUR4500 £4200 £4649 £3699 CHF6999 EUR3369 £3742 JPY420000

I have noticed a (relative) flurry of M10-D sales in 2024, perhaps 8 so far.

Of course 8 cameras sold worldwide in 5 months being a 'flurry' does show how rare these -D cameras actually are ....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Datsch said:

...2024 seems to have been very slow for M-D sales though I have not been paying that close attention recently......2024 Prices seen: $7200 $5209

I have noticed a (relative) flurry of M10-D sales in 2024, perhaps 8 so far. Of course 8 cameras sold worldwide in 5 months being a 'flurry' does show how rare these -D cameras actually are ....

I haven't been looking at the price of the M-D Typ-262 either but anytime I have had a look there didn't seem to be any at all for sale here in the UK. There is one (one!) which is currently being advertised on eBay with an asking / buy it now price of $7,200 / £5,750. It is being sold from China so there might be extra costs involved in terms of importation taxes depending on where one lives.

Expensive (perhaps?) but it does seem to be in very good condition...

Philip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/12/2024 at 8:37 AM, Gregm61 said:

Being it was so short a product run and relatively few units, I’d expect better shape copies to cost enough I’d be more apt, for the same or less money, to look for a nice used M10 instead.

No asking price would surprise me.

Mint MD 262 cameras run about $7,000…!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2024 at 8:37 AM, Gregm61 said:

Being it was so short a product run and relatively few units, I’d expect better shape copies to cost enough I’d be more apt, for the same or less money, to look for a nice used M10 instead.

No asking price would surprise me.

@ $7,000 for mint condition MD 262…!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2024 at 5:34 AM, tom24 said:

What is the real price of a Leica MD (type 262) in excellent condition at this time?
They vary on eBay (from very high to kind of low).
Maybe someone knows?

Expect to pay original cost and upwards for one in excellent condition…!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2024 at 10:19 AM, pippy said:

I haven't been looking at the price of the M-D Typ-262 either but anytime I have had a look there didn't seem to be any at all for sale here in the UK. There is one (one!) which is currently being advertised on eBay with an asking / buy it now price of $7,200 / £5,750. It is being sold from China so there might be extra costs involved in terms of importation taxes depending on where one lives.

Expensive (perhaps?) but it does seem to be in very good condition...

Philip.

It was already sold…!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2024 at 1:23 PM, Anthony MD said:

It was already sold…!

Crikey! I suppose the super condition would have been a major factor in determining the price.

I shoud have been babying mine more attentively......😸......

Philip.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...