Three Day Week

Gibbo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Our family tea time during the power cuts of the three day week period of 1973. Taken by my father, M2 and Agfachrome.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Wonderful photograph and I Love the Tea-Cosy! Brown and Orange? If so then we had one very similar but I believe ours was knitted by my Gran?.....

A very strange time! I was a 13-y-o and remember rather having enjoyed the whole experience. As a famiy we'd all have dinner by candle-light and then play board-games until it was tme to go to bed. Fairly soon afterwards, of course, I learned about the economic realities behind the situation and why this 'Fun-and-Games' aspect was superficial to put it mildly......

Thanks for posting!

Philip.

Edited by pippy

8 hours ago, pippy said:

Wonderful photograph and I Love the Tea-Cosy! Brown and Orange? If so then we had one very similar but I believe ours was knitted by my Gran?.....

A very strange time! I was a 13-y-o and remember rather having enjoyed the whole experience. As a famiy we'd all have dinner by candle-light and then play board-games until it was tme to go to bed. Fairly soon afterwards, of course, I learned about the economic realities behind the situation and why this 'Fun-and-Games' aspect was superficial to put it mildly......

Thanks for posting!

Philip.

Thank you, Philip. The photo does bring back all sorts of memories! The tea cosy was brown and pink and knitted by my mother who was always knitting if she had nothing else to do with her hands!

I still hanker after the homemade pickled onions that I can spy on my father’s plate. It also reminds me what a big mouth my brother had 😂😂😂

• Haha 2