AF Lenses for a Leica TL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve recently purchased a new TL. Long forgotten on the back shelf of a camera store. I was drawn to the simplicity of the design and easy-to-use interface. I’m sure this has been covered before. What non-Leica AF L mount lenses are compatible with the TLs? I’ve tried the Pan 20-60mm and AF did not work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

A fine camera, congratulations. It should work. All L and TL lenses are compatible so consult your camera store. It is probably a setting or an update. 

5 hours ago, dpitt said:

AF on the 20-60 should work on the TL. I use it on my TL2 from time to time.

Ditto for me - in fact, all my sigs work, and all my Panasonics work as well...    Sig DGDN 105/2.8, 85/1.4, 100-400, pana 50/1.8, 20-60/1.8 in current rotation, 105/1.4, 15-35/f4, and a couple others all worked as well.  I have tried some of the sig DCDNs too - but having two L mount full frames - plunking down he money on an APSC only lens is an uphill battle (although NOTHING has ever looked as stupid as the 105/1.4 on the TL2)...   The thing with the TL and TL2 is that you have to make sure you understand the menu - otherwise it will not AF...  Still fiddle when changing from the Visoflex and vintage to a native lens.

Posted (edited)

Update: I had the setting incorrectly set up. The pan 20-60 works great. Thank you all for your help. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Marc-2024
  • Like 4