Woody Spedden, Gone from Leica

Shootist

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just sent in some Leica equipment to Solms and got an answer that for some special rate, the speed of the service can be accelerated to a couple of days. DIdnt you guys get this choice?

Also I got a tracking number and telephone number-I called and they told me how long I would have to wait for the repair.

Are we talking about the same Leica service?

Cheers, Tom

I think this may only apply to EU. Maybe Leica US will do the same but only for goods that can be handled in country. The M8 is not at this point.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wish Leica listened to their customers more. I hope they do that for the upcoming R10 and M9. Right now I feel it would be of great importance to make it possible to choose lens in the menu. If they can't make a camera making picturs without magenta cast or cyan corners the should at least make it possible for us to deal with it, without handcoding, changing bayonet, buying expensive adapters etc.

Many of you probably remember my post from a few weeks ago where I had lost my faith in my M8 after two trips back. Well I sold it and turned right around and bought another. Yes, I took a loss, but I have a camera that works.

Many of you probably remember my post from a few weeks ago where I had lost my faith in my M8 after two trips back. Well I sold it and turned right around and bought another. Yes, I took a loss, but I have a camera that works.

Richard you should of demanded a NEW camera for the one that you had to send back twice and still wasn't right.

Anyway how about you, me and some of the other M8/Leica users here in Atlanta getting together sometime.

Ian, Roger and I meet earlier this year and once Roger come back up from Florida I'm planning on setting up another meet.

Let me know if you're interested.

I asked for a new M8, and so did my dealer but to no avail. The flip side is that for 37 Years, I have received wonderful service from Leitz/Leica NJ. I do feel that service and response time has slipped considerably in the past couple of years.

I would love to get together, but it will have to be after the 1st of the year.

Richard you should of demanded a NEW camera for the one that you had to send back twice and still wasn't right.

Anyway how about you, me and some of the other M8/Leica users here in Atlanta getting together sometime.

Ian, Roger and I meet earlier this year and once Roger come back up from Florida I'm planning on setting up another meet.

Let me know if you're interested.

that may be a little uncomfortable if the guy who Richard sold his dud m8 to is in Atlanta. wow....b

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Did you let the buyer know about the problems with it?

The buyer who bought my "Dud" M8 was my nephew who is an Astrophysicist. He wanted it so I let him have it for $1,500.00, and only because he is family. He designed a 140 mm f1.0 lens for his thesis.

No hijack intended although just out of curiosity, what specifically failed to warrant the NJ two-step?

Regards,

It started to beep red light, and not turn on. Then it wouldn't show any life, just beeping. Tried reformatting with new software, new battery, let it drain for a day or two without battery, and then finally got menus back, but no shutter release. Very strange.

its a very early camera, but had been back to Germany a year ago for updating, and had been a very happy camera. But like they say, when she was good, she was very good, but when she was bad, she was very bad.

Now what? Wait and wait. So much for holiday shooting with M8. Back to film? Or P/Shoot Fuji.... feel like a fool borrowing my son's camera (he's 11).

Geoff

Why is it that some threads get blown way out of proportion.

This thread is not about someone leaving the CLUB. What club is that, any CLUB that wants someone like me as a member I don't want to join (someone else said that first, I think Woody Allen, W.C. Fields or Groucho Marx).

Groucho Marx :D