Two features that would make the Q3 easier to use.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Q3 has a couple of features that I feel could be significantly improved:

1. The indication of the axis of the lens being level consists of an extremely small red horizontal bar that moves up and down according to the angle the lens axis makes to the horizonal. When the lens is level this bar disappears, and the two bars either side of it become green. This is all very clever; but the problem is that, particularly when the cross for spot focussing is in the centre of the field, the indication of accurate alignment of the lens is extremely hard to see, depending on what is being photographed. My Canon R6, for instance, does not have this problem.

2. In magnified playback mode, the field of view can be changed by using the joystick. However, the joystick is also needed to return the view to the centre of the screen, which takes time. It would be nice to be able to customise one of the buttons to centre the view, or having it centre itself automatically when the magnification feature is turned off.

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To add to your list, it would be good if the default magnified view was always positioned at the focus point rather than where it was positioned the last time a picture was viewed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SLamb said:

To add to your list, it would be good if the default magnified view was always positioned at the focus point rather than where it was positioned the last time a picture was viewed.

Unless I was unclear, I think the last part of my 2nd paragraph addresses that.

David

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was told by a person at Leica to submit feature requests using the option to do so in the Fotos app.  He said these do actually get to the development teams to consider for inclusion in future firmware updates.

1. I wish I can just scroll my way to desired shutter speed instead of adjusting it to a range of available shutter speed by turning the knob. 

2. Realtime cropped view on EVF and LCD instead of white borders. 

1 hour ago, sugsug said:

wish I can just scroll my way to desired shutter speed instead of adjusting it to a range of available shutter speed by turning the knob.

I don’t understand this at all. Why can’t you just turn the shutter speed dial to the shutter speed you want? Is something stopping you doing that?

2 hours ago, Le Chef said:

I don’t understand this at all. Why can’t you just turn the shutter speed dial to the shutter speed you want? Is something stopping you doing that?

We can't go to 1/160 for example. The knob jumps from 1/125 to 1/250. And then to get to 1/640 for example, we need to turn the knob again to 1/500 or 1/1000, then scroll right wheel to 1/640. What I meant is the Q3's shutter speed knob only gives us a range of shutter speed to work with. If we want to go much faster or slower we need to adjust the knob again to fall into the range. It's not a big deal but I rather press one button than two to get the desired settings.

8 hours ago, sugsug said:

We can't go to 1/160 for example. The knob jumps from 1/125 to 1/250.

I don’t know why you need intermediary shutter speeds, but that’s just me. What are you using specific intermediary shutter speeds for, where that specific shutter speed is critical? You could always adjust exposure compensation by a 1/3 if that shutter speed is absolutely critical.