Basel Fasnacht 2024

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Liestal Fire Evening is Sunday 18 Feb

Basel Morgestreich is 19 Feb at 04:00

And it continues for 3 days. 

I will be here on 18 and 19 but have a business trip on 20-21. 

For info, please see the Basel 2023 Fasnacht thread

@StS @tom.w.bn @M11 for me @Ted99 @satijntje @didier @MRJohn @farnz @duskembrace @keeping_a_balance 

Edited by Sandokan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sandokan said:

Liestal Fire Evening is Sunday 18 Feb

Basel Morgestreich is 19 Feb at 04:00

And it continues for 3 days. 

I will be here on 18 and 19 but have a business trip on 20-21. 

For info, please see the Basel 2023 Fasnacht thread

@StS @tom.w.bn @M11 for me @Ted99 @satijntje @didier @MRJohn @farnz @duskembrace @keeping_a_balance 

Thank you for including me, Ravi, but I won't be attending.

Pete.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the kind invitation, Ravi, unfortunately, I can't join this time. I would be happy to join another time and would everyone invited recommend to consider this quite unique event, if just for the dinner.

Stefan

All short notice as until today, I was supposed to fly off for a meeting in Asia on the 18th, but that is postponed so as Thomas was interested to come and we had such a good dinner last year, I thought I would post an invitation. 

Hopefully next year then. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your initiative. I remember very well last year in the Royal Indian Palce. It was a very pleasant evening. This year after lots of back and forth we decided to be in the mountains that week. But its great to learn that this Fasnacht reunion get sort of a new tradition. I will then plan to be in Basel in 2025 again. I whish you all a great evening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you very much for the invitation, I would  love to join all of the participants , still have in mind this so enjoyable event.
Sorry to say that I'm not able to come to Basel this year but will do my homework to be there next year.
My occupation just now; Borrelia - infection that is under treatment, A history that have develop to something really interesting and fun . I use my bicycle from home to hospital and have had great use of the photo equipment. A photo parade that is the environment in a nutshell in the city I live. I placed the photos in the computer and the next day almost every sign  in this  subject was taken away, still the situation after nearly 3 weeks, coincident ?
The hospital is next to a park where the birds is resting on  thin ice and a chance to use my 2x200mm=400mm CZtelephoto and  CZ300mm.
I usually go to a coffee-house after treatment to  have great black coffee and scones for 49 kr about 4€, cant ask for more, and the doctors, nurses and the girl in the coffee - house are all  nice young professions.

/Ted

Edited by Ted99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Ravi,
thanks for thinking of us, but unfortunately we will not be able to make it this year.
Wishing you a lot of fun and I‘m looking forward to your pics.
Pls pas our wishes to the Leica friends.
John

22 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Who would like to attend dinner at the Royal Indian Palace, Spalenring 160, 4055 Basel. 

Nancy, Tom and I will be there and I shall reserve a table for at least 6 people. 

I would like to attend. When will it take place?

6 hours ago, Ted99 said:

My occupation just now; Borrelia - infection that is under treatment,

Hello, Ted, I'm very sorry to hear that you have Lyme disease but I'm glad that the hospital has identified it (Lyme disease is often wrongly diagnosed as something else and the awful symptoms therefore drag on and on regardless of treatment).  I wish you a quick and painless recovery.

Pete.

• Like 1

@Ted99 so sorry to hear you are ill. Speedy recovery and enjoy those waitresses and nurses :)

@pop sorry I forgot to mention you, but I thought with the crutches you wouldn't want to come photographing and then forgot how much you love good food. So yes you are welcome to join us. Monday 19 Feb at 7pm. 

Just pinging a few who expressed interest or who came last year:- 

@didier @MRJohn @duskembrace @keeping_a_balance 

Monday 19 Feb, at 7pm.  Royal Indian Palace, Spalenring 160, 4055 Basel. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sandokan said:

sorry I forgot to mention you

That's perfectly all right. I couldn't fail to find that thread with that name and started by you, anyway. You're right, of course, that I will avoid the crowds and that I won't take any photographs there while still on crutches. I'll be at the Royal Palace & am looking forward to meeting you and to having a bit of that lovely food.

So far we have 5 of us for dinner; 2 are non-photographers and non-male. 

So there will be company for Regina if she wishes to attend ... and one of those people speaks Basel-Deutsch. 

Edited by Sandokan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just noticed the location of this event and I hope it goes well for all who are attending. Two days ago I came across this beautiful example of a Rapid Aplanat No 3 Lens made in Basel by the firm of E Suter, probably in the very early 1900s. It is part of a collection which I am cataloguing for our National Photographic Archive and I have yet to complete my full analysis of serial numbers and dates etc. The aperture scale is also interesting. The last manifestation of this firm closed in 2005 http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Suter 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

William 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, willeica said:

Basel by the firm of E Suter

I've seen Suter's Liliput camera in the shop window of the Fotohaus, one of the oldest camera shops in Basel. They have an impressive collection of classic cameras and show them from time to time in their window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We met up and had a great dinner last night, followed by walking around all the lanterns in the cathedral square which were lit up. Artwork on them was fabulous. I am sure Thomas and I will post some photos here and elsewhere of the events on Sunday and yesterday. 

• Like 1

Only Saturday on the Rhine-Bridge. Leica M9.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The Music was great. We come back next year.

• Like 2