Bag for Leica Q3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, My1stLeicaCam said:

8-10 years of heavy use and no loss? That’s kinda unbelievable….

My ex gf also had a LV bag for about 3 years and she sold it for slightly more than the retail price. Long story short, she found a local buyer that was looking to acquire one immediately. I’ve been told that this is not uncommon in the luxury bag market. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

My ex gf also had a LV bag for about 3 years and she sold it for slightly more than the retail price. Long story short, she found a local buyer that was looking to acquire one immediately. I’ve been told that this is not uncommon in the luxury bag market. 

I think this is true of many luxury items.

Myself and my father each purchased a Rolex in the mid 70’s, paid about $800 each.

About 5 years ago they were gifted to my two son’s….now valued at about $10000 on the pre-owned market.

And as Leica owners we fall into this category.  In 1990 a new M6 retailed for about $2200.  A good used M6 today runs $3000-$4000.

It does pay to buy ‘quality’.

• Like 2

I use the Q3 half-case but carry the camera in a ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 10 camera case when not in use.  I keep a couple of spare batteries and SD cards in the case as well.

Edited by jwr50
  • Thanks 1

15 minuti fa, jwr50 ha detto:

Utilizzo la mezza custodia Q3 ma porto la fotocamera in una custodia per fotocamera ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 10 quando non la utilizzo. Tengo anche un paio di batterie di riserva e schede SD nella custodia.

Edited by angelo rosana
errore

This one uses hard leather. Better protection than soft leather or fabric. Unfortunately the sale just ended. It was about $180 or lower.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Einst_Stein

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Einst_Stein said:

This one uses hard leather. Better protection than soft leather or fabric. Unfortunately the sale just ended. It was about $180 or lower.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have, in my closet of gadget bags 😂 a couple of the old hard leather bags.  They age (patina) so well.  I just found the soft bags (I’m a fan of Domke) just so much more comfortable on the hip.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb My1stLeicaCam:

8-10 years of heavy use and no loss? That’s kinda unbelievable….

Depends certainly on the model. Basically, luxury brands’ MSRP rise so fast that such scenario is not even unusual.

• Like 1