Jump to content

Need a M11M new edition w/Content Authenticity - yes? M11M-CA


MarkShot

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CA is not a metadata editor. It's an authentication of ownership. I think it's the kind of thing if one needs it, you know you need it, and for the rest/most it's just a nothing burger. 

@lct Once a physical book is published, there is no 'updating' that can be done until the next edition is published. Not sure what you mean otherwise. It's a protection FOR the author in that nobody else (say somebody at the printing press) can mess with the book without you knowing it. That is the analogy I see with CA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, charlesphoto99 said:

CA is not a metadata editor. It's an authentication of ownership. I think it's the kind of thing if one needs it, you know you need it, and for the rest/most it's just a nothing burger. 

@lct Once a physical book is published, there is no 'updating' that can be done until the next edition is published. Not sure what you mean otherwise. It's a protection FOR the author in that nobody else (say somebody at the printing press) can mess with the book without you knowing it. That is the analogy I see with CA. 

It’s not an authentication of ownership. It’s a certification of sorts that the image has not been doctored and is what was captured by the camera. The camera doesn’t know who was holding it when the shot was taken. Yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, charlesphoto99 said:

@lct Once a physical book is published, there is no 'updating' that can be done until the next edition is published. Not sure what you mean otherwise.

Electronic books can be updated by the author whose rights are protected by copyright.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

It’s not an authentication of ownership. It’s a certification of sorts that the image has not been doctored and is what was captured by the camera. The camera doesn’t know who was holding it when the shot was taken. Yet.

Ah, yes of course, that makes sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, lct said:

Electronic books can be updated by the author whose rights are protected by copyright.

Entirely different thing than what CA is intended to do (see @jdlaing above). I was using the analogy of a work/book that is set (as in made) and can't therefore be changed without it becoming a next/new edition, as such CA does a similar thing, but with a digital file. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, lct said:

What i'm interested in is protection of my author's rights. I mean on a photo taken and edited by me. CA is useless for that if OoC files are not editable but i may be missing something.

Decided it best to read about it from the source, and I was partially wrong. You can edit an image in Photoshop - that history will be included with the file. You can also set up what the original metadata will be sooc. That is then preserved and any alterations to the image recorded in a history state viewable by the end user via a verifying site. 

https://contentauthenticity.org/how-it-works

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...