Need a M11M new edition w/Content Authenticity - yes? M11M-CA

MarkShot

CA is a NEED? Bit over-stating the case.... It is interesting to those that desire it for sure, but a NEED for MOST is pushing it a bit ....  😉

Cant say I have ever lost sleep knowing my M11 doesnt have CA ..... or even care. Some may sleep or think differently  😉

Edited by Storm Chaser

it's not needed per se, but in current situation when AI is on the rise, image manipulation, i think it will become a standard in future. With all the scandals in photo journalism CA is the only option to control all of this. Thus this would make camera more future proof, as technical wise I do not what would be better than current M11 series. Of course they will come up with something but current cameras are as good as they can get for anything.

On 1/13/2024 at 10:51 AM, Kwesi said:

Or it could just be an upgrade option. Send the camera in and for a fee, you get the upgrade. 

well..that sounds easy!    But for how long and how much?

$1000 + and six months?...     After the chip is designed, manufactured and tested on a new main board. 

New software and menu.

bugs to be discovered.

Edited by lucerne

1 hour ago, lct said:

Would it be possible to edit exif data in spite of CA being installed? Just curious.

good question.

CA would have to be switched off, or fields in the CA module selectively locked .   Editable CA is pointless if all fields are editable. More thought needed.

45 minutes ago, lct said:

Could they be made editable by the author only?

why would you want to edit something you authored and paid for?  its pointless.

You must realise that CA isnt available yet.   Its a long way off . No point in speculating  about its features.

Edited by lucerne

16 minutes ago, lucerne said:

why would you want to edit something you authored and paid for?  its pointless.

For you i don't know but not for me. As the author, i want to be able to edit what i intend to edit. By example, the name of the uncoded lens i was using for the photo. I just wanted to know if this is possible. If it is not, CA in its current state is not made for me.

CA works like a (protected) list of signatures. You always can edit the contents of an authenticated image, but everybody will know it has been changed. if you don‘t maintain the signatures list, the image will be treated as unauthorized (assuming a future where authenticated digital images are having a value). If you strip all CA information, the image will still be usable but no longer authenticated.

in theory, you could apply CA on your computer on any image (with a piece of software). But it will not say „authenticated with the signature issued by the camera manufacturer“

• Like 1