Zeiss ZM Lenses No Longer Available?

ktmrider2

We have already been through this here on the forum extensively. Please do not spread false rumors, search extensively.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0308510095/zeiss-says-it-s-not-leaving-the-photo-industry
https://www.macfilos.com/2023/07/07/zeiss-photo-market-exit-not-true-says-the-company/

OFFICIAL ZEISS STATEMENT:

'This means that the overall market situation after the pandemic led to lower sales. Nevertheless, this does not change our commitment to our photo products.

No restrictions in the products we offer.

Content creation has never been bigger and we believe that our products are a perfect companion for photography and videography as practiced by so many consumers and professionals worldwide

We are committed to the category and enabling consumers worldwide to take breathtaking pictures and videos with our products.'

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 5

On 11/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, Al Brown said:

We have already been through this here on the forum extensively. Please do not spread false rumors, search extensively.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0308510095/zeiss-says-it-s-not-leaving-the-photo-industry
https://www.macfilos.com/2023/07/07/zeiss-photo-market-exit-not-true-says-the-company/

OFFICIAL ZEISS STATEMENT:

'This means that the overall market situation after the pandemic led to lower sales. Nevertheless, this does not change our commitment to our photo products.

No restrictions in the products we offer.

Content creation has never been bigger and we believe that our products are a perfect companion for photography and videography as practiced by so many consumers and professionals worldwide

We are committed to the category and enabling consumers worldwide to take breathtaking pictures and videos with our products.'

The question was regarding the zm line. Only thing there is old stock being sold. No new development. This is not a rumor, but a fact.

On 11/23/2023 at 2:12 AM, ktmrider2 said:

I was talking to a camera store in Hong Kong and the salesman told me Zeiss ZM lenses are no longer available while I see B&H has every model in stock.  Has anyone else heard they are no longer available?

Development of new ZM lenses has stopped but they still manufacture them. They are produced by Cosina. They are all still available at many stores.

• Like 1

One does not need to look hard.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ofcourse Zeiss will say they still produce, but this is hard to believe as they don’t really try to sell. They are selling the stock they have. Which is fine, just don’t expect new stock.

All dealers selling Zeiss, sell this rather discounted. Great times.

Zeiss gave up on their zm line. All efforts and resources are focused on VL.

Can we please see major examples of discounted ZM lenses from official dealers? One MAJOR EU DEALER who - WAIT FOR IT - keeps GETTING NEW STOCK REGULARLY does NOT have them discounted (example here). Also, B&H sells them  NOT discounted at a regular price.
I do presume that the ZM lenses will be terminated at some point but that moment has not arrived yet.

Out of Geier's entire inventory of 40+ ZM lenses only 7 are "demo" at the moment (sold second hand, returns and open boxes usually - because second hand lenses are his primary retail) and only 3 lenses "are "new old stock" - both 18's and 21/4.5 which are phasing out anyway.  So MOST are brand new, not demo and not old stock - same as B&H etc.
I am pretty tired, I think I'll go home now.