Turning off Bluetooth?

Ktsa5239

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone! My M11P has just arrived today! Love the engraving and the look of it. But after I’ve finished setting up the way I wanted, I’ve noticed that the Bluetooth icon is on the top bar. But I’ve already turned off Fotos connections. Is there a way to turn the Bluetooth off to save battery?

thanks!

49 minutes ago, Ktsa5239 said:

Hi everyone! My M11P has just arrived today! Love the engraving and the look of it. But after I’ve finished setting up the way I wanted, I’ve noticed that the Bluetooth icon is on the top bar. But I’ve already turned off Fotos connections. Is there a way to turn the Bluetooth off to save battery?

thanks!

I think you can turn off the camera, and the Bluetooth symbol should go away!

Seriously, you must be coming from a camera system that needs a few to get you through the day. 
I suggest you keep it on and get your photo tagged with your location from the Fotos app. This camera can do that and still go all day on one battery! enjoy it!

8 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I think you can turn off the camera, and the Bluetooth symbol should go away!

Seriously, you must be coming from a camera system that needs a few to get you through the day. 
I suggest you keep it on and get your photo tagged with your location from the Fotos app. This camera can do that and still go all day on one battery! enjoy it!

On my canon R5 if I leave it connected I won’t last three hours before I need a new pack😅 

I’ll give it a try to use the geotagging!

Am 10.11.2023 um 21:34 schrieb Ktsa5239:

On my canon R5 if I leave it connected I won’t last three hours before I need a new pack😅 

I’ll give it a try to use the geotagging!

With R5 you have to have the Canon app on the iPhone running for Geo-Tagging whereas with Leica the Photos app needs not to be running.

Am 10.11.2023 um 12:44 schrieb Ktsa5239:

Does it drain battery on the iPhone? Thanks

I would say no. At least I did not make any observation and in the battery consumption list, Fotos usually is not amongst the top scorers. That changed today during a 1000km train trip without taking photos. The frequent location updates (the TGV went up to 320 km/h or 200 mph) sucked battery power more than usual. If you need to conserve battery power during long travels it might be reasonable to stop Fotos.

To give you some guidelines. On a normal day, my iphone 13 eats 30-50% of battery power, it is usually no problem to run two days without a charge. During that train trip, the battery was down to 35% after 10hrs. Of course, not all of this additional power consumption is attributable to Fotos.

Edited by jgeenen

3 hours ago, jgeenen said:

I would say no. At least I did not make any observation and in the battery consumption list, Fotos usually is not amongst the top scorers. That changed today during a 1000km train trip without taking photos. The frequent location updates (the TGV went up to 320 km/h or 200 mph) sucked battery power more than usual. If you need to conserve battery power during long travels it might be reasonable to stop Fotos.

To give you some guidelines. On a normal day, my iphone 13 eats 30-50% of battery power, it is usually no problem to run two days without a charge. During that train trip, the battery was down to 35% after 10hrs. Of course, not all of this additional power consumption is attributable to Fotos.

That’s awesome to know! Thanks