Earliest serial number?

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Andreas this has been don't many times.

The data is all over the place with no correlation between serial #'s and problems, whatever they may be.

I have had 3 M8, presently own 2 and one of them was a replacement sent to me by Leica NJ (that's why I've had 3), and never had a problem with any of them (first one was replaced for cosmetic defects and NO other problems). First one was 31009xx, replacement for that is 3108xxx and my second one ia 319xxxx. Received the second purchased one, 319xxx, 3 days before I got the replacement from Leica NJ. So you see the serial #'s are all over the place.

My feelings are if it works go OUT and take some shots. If you have a problem send it to Leica for repair. And that is exactly what I'm going to do this long weekend, going to friends in North Carolina and spending most of my time eating and taking pictures.

Happy Holiday.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 310122x came out of the first batch(11/06). And my second, puchased this month

is 310195x. I'm sure that more than 700 were sold in almost a year.

g.

This numbering gets even more wierd. My black body M8 is just over 2 months old and was only in stock at the dealer 1 week before I bought it and its serial is 3198xxx. Is the batch numbering system used to get us making more posts?:D

My M8 , dedicated to B/W, is 3101010 and runs firmware 1.06. It has never had any problem other than the magenta issue which is a non issue for me. It was received in November 2006. PS.I do not use filters

I would trash my other M8 which has been upgraded to the latest software in a heartbeat if I could afford to. It has been a problem from the beginning.

• 2 months later...

Also for the record, another one from the first batch: 31007xx. Bought from Germany in early November 2006 as the first came out. Surprisingly few problems (but some) and I haven't sent it in yet.

I did register it, got my filters, got my discounted lens but never heard about the new upgrade option starting next month. Did everyone else with early ones get E-mails? I have received other others from Solms previously.

• 9 years later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I found this forum last night after my partner had his Leica M8 stolen. It had serial number 3100001, so I guess we had the lowest number. We are absolutely gutted. I understand we’ll probably never see this camera again but I just want to put the word out wherever I can that this camera has been stolen.

Thanks