Transfer user profile to Q3 from settings.lcs file ?

YMW

From page 63 of the downloadable instruction manual:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Stephen

• Like 1

Hi Le Chef

Your suggestion worked.

It prompted me to realize that  the USED Q3 that I purchased from the Leica store There was no instruction manual. There is a very thick Quick start  manual thick only because it is printed in so many languages. Needless to say I was not very happy when I went online and found a true instruction manual and the problem is solved so thank you very much.

I’m not very happy considering how much I paid for the camera that I received NO INCLUDED INSTRUCTION MANUAL.

Thanks again for prompting me to look online.

Mitch 😊

I don't have a Q3, but I suspect that a new Q3 would not come with a full printed manual either. For some years now Leica has provided a quick start guide, and expected the buyer to download the full manual. I'm content with this - I only use it for occasional reference, so I'd rather save the trees. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, YMW said:

I’m not very happy considering how much I paid for the camera that I received NO INCLUDED INSTRUCTION MANUAL.

That’s because it’s a waste of paper. Other companies should follow Leica’s more environmentally friendly approach and drop unnecessary paper manuals for a more convenient online manual. 

• Like 1

Virtual instructions are a much better idea than paper ones. They can be easily revised every time there’s a firmware change and downloaded with that change. The instructions can use video to instruct (that way we get rid of all those annoying nobs on YouTube who have to tell you how smart they are before giving you poor instructions.) and you can build in diagnostic questions and responses.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Another advantage of an online user guide is that it can be referenced if needed whilst travelling using ones mobile device. It is unlikely that many people would take the printed user manual with them on an extended trip, or indeed any trip. 

11 hours ago, mangochutney said:

Hey! 

Has anyone found a way to transfer user profiles created on the Q2 to the Q3? I just moved from Q2 to Q3 but the Q3 won't accept the settings.lcs from my Q2.

That settings file is a text file, for the Q3 at least. When opening it, you'll just see a bunch of numbers for each setting. It would require quite an effort to reverse engineer this, so it's probably less work to make new profiles. And who knows what the camera will do with an incorrect file; depending on programming quality it might even lock up completely. I wouldn't venture it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1