Vertical image display on Lumix S5II?

V23

No. The orientation sensor is not used for image replay. Either way the disply is too small to review an image without magnification. I double tap on the screen and review the image kn magnification mode, moving the image with the finger. For this the orientation is not relevant for me.

What   @V23   is asking   -   "vertical image full size (on its side)"   -   can be achieved with all Panasonic camera's.

Having a Lumix S1R model, already longer time ago. In that time I also was looking to the same setting.
But as I have set it once (and never switched it back), had to look deeply into the manual again, to find the menu:

As for Lumix S1R  ---->  See < PDF manual (English) >  at page  363  at the top.  You have to change setting to "Off"
                                         (I guess as for the S1 & S5 model, comparable settings).

As for Lumix S5II  ---->  See < PDF manual (English) >  at page  494  at the top.  You have to change setting to "Off"

Edited by Babylonia
  • Like 1

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Babylonia:

What   @V23   is asking   -   "vertical image full size (on its side)"   -   can be achieved with all Panasonic camera's.

Having a Lumix S1R model, already longer time ago. In that time I also was looking to the same setting.
But as I have set it once (and never switched it back), had to look deeply into the manual again, to find the menu:

As for Lumix S1R  ---->  See < PDF manual (English) >  at page  363  at the top.  You have to change setting to "Off"
                                         (I guess as for the S1 & S5 model, comparable settings).

As for Lumix S5II  ---->  See < PDF manual (English) >  at page  494  at the top.  You have to change setting to "Off"

Just checked it, you are right, I was wrong. Expected this to be the standard setting, that they stay vertical and are not rotated automatically. I won't change the setting in my camera though because it works for me.

After some further experimentation I fount the way to display vertical shot in full on its side. In the setup Playback (green rectangle) Playback Mode 1 Rotate Disp. I had it set to ON that to my logic would rotate display sideways full screen. By switching Rotate Disp. To OFF it displays vertical shot sideways on full screen. Problem solved.