Survey of Interest: Faster Adjustments for ISO, EV and WB

sean_reid

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Current M8 user since March.

I like all suggestions but if even only 1 was implemented (shutter release sets vs set button) it would be a step forward and not compromise Leica's concern (I'm only imagining) about major changes to hardware that is not in the printed manual. A shutter tap or simply scrolling to the desired setting (with the current option of pushing the set button again still in place) should not need major re-documentation on Leica's part.

I often find I forget to implement that last "set" push when changing the iso and only realize I'm shooting at the wrong iso long after it's too late. So let's at least eliminate that last set push!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my preferences:

I. No thanks, see below

II. Yes please (see below)

III. Maybe, but Only if the current use of the 'set' button is maintained.

The arrow buttons are the rear most part of the camera, they also have a somewhat lower spring force than the other buttons.

I DO NOT want to find that bringing the camera to my eye and taking a picture quickly results in an unintended reset of ISO and/or EV being incorporated in my picture due to the camera bumping against my hip. I already find my LCD gets turned on from time to time in this way, despite the stiffer, more recessed buttons involved, but at least settings do not currently change this way.

In case not already clear, I currently own an M8

One needs to do three things in the correct sequence in order to make the change.

1. Press the left or right arrow

2. Move the wheel or press the up/down arrow keys

3. Press the set button or half-press the shutter release

This sequence makes accidental changes pretty unlikely. It's one of the aspects I looked at with Leica early on. For further discussion though, lets try a different thread so that this one stays clean (basically a kind of poll).

Cheers,

Sean

A simple Press of the "Set" Button and a scroll wheel up down should make the user's desired adjustment. The user can set the desired adjustment in the menu:

1. AWB

2. EV

3. ISO

I've been waiting for these adjustments to the firmware since it was brought up this spring and presented to Leica by someone here (Guy M?).