Over-exposure after firmware v 1.2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This morning I updated firmware v1.2 through leica photos. After that I tried several photos and found out all of the photos taken are a little bit more over exposed than before. If I want to take the same exposure photo as before I should lower more than half a stop. Anyone have experienced this or am I mistaken?

Edited by Eugene Young
More explanation

vor einer Stunde schrieb Eugene Young:

This morning I updated firmware v1.2 through leica photos. After that I tried several photos and found out all of the photos taken are a little bit more over exposed than before. If I want to take the same exposure photo as before I should lower more than half a stop. Anyone have experienced this or am I mistaken?

Did You set an exposure compensation accidentally?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Eugene Young:

are a little bit more over exposed than before

You say "a little bit". Try a different metering mode: Change to highlight weighted.

Another thing: You speak of "overexposed" which I interpret as having more blown out areas now compared to before. Now I do not know if you shoot JPG or DNG. In lightroom your DNG files will probably show no blown out areas (blinking in red areas). I think that the highlight indicator is much too sensitive in the Q3 anyway as it shows a JPG in the EVF whereas the DNG has much better dynamic range.

• 4 months later...

I regret having upgraded the new firmware on my Leica Q3. Moral of the story, when a camera works perfectly never update it, never !

I'm having the same trouble and lots of trouble with the Q3. Starting it and having black screens so i have to remove the battery.

When I lower the exposure compensation it doesn't get dark it gets more brighter... That's a total shame. I've been doing the upgrade that Leica released... Still have the same problem ! Can we go back to the previous previous FW ?

I have spend dozen times, playing and changing, testing again and again the camera is still doing the same shit... It's not a user experience trouble. That's clearly come from the camera.

I definitely regret my Q2 which wasn't making me so frustrated and experiences such bugs...

Edited by frenchy

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

I regret having upgraded the new firmware on my Leica Q3. Moral of the story, when a camera works perfectly never update it, never !

I'm having the same trouble and lots of trouble with the Q3. Starting it and having black screens so i have to remove the battery.

When I lower the exposure compensation it doesn't get dark it gets more brighter... That's a total shame. I've been doing the upgrade that Leica released... Still have the same problem ! Can we go back to the previous previous FW ?

I have spend dozen times, playing and changing, testing again and again the camera is still doing the same shit... It's not a user experience trouble. That's clearly come from the camera.

I definitely regret my Q2 which wasn't making me so frustrated and experiences such bugs...

Sorry but you might have a faulty camera. I can’t confirm any of your problems. I’ve had an early Q3 and have now a recent one. The early one had some freeze issues before the first firmware  update (got way better after the update) but I never had an exp compensation going the other way around. 

9 hours ago, frenchy said:

Sometimes, a reset is necessary after a firmware update. Did you try it?