Some M11 Questions

modernvintagephotos

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Any answers to these questions would be great.

1)  I like to adjust my exposure while seeing the histogram for feedback. I have it setup to be displayed all the time. But when I switch to Exposure Bracketing, I lose it until half pressing the shutter. I still have the meter but I prefer the histogram. It seems this is impossible, but I thought I would ask.

2) I would like to keep my shutter speed constant when shooting bracketed exposures and have ISO vary. Also seems impossible.

3) I would love a button to move the focus point to the exact center of the LCD, or even to lock it there. It is too easy to move accidentally with the touch screen.

I am loving both the M11 and the M11 Monochrom so far.

1) is only possible in live view and has the preview setting to all the time. you probably have the exp preview set to when pressed (default)
You will notice that all the time on is not always useful if you find yourself in need of underexposing more evident on M11M.

2) If you set you Shutter speed and you f-spot, and ISO to "A" you can get what you want.

3) a double tab on the screen will center the focus point. There is no other lock

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Photoworks said:

1) is only possible in live view and has the preview setting to all the time. you probably have the exp preview set to when pressed (default)
You will notice that all the time on is not always useful if you find yourself in need of underexposing more evident on M11M.

2) If you set you Shutter speed and you f-spot, and ISO to "A" you can get what you want.

3) a double tab on the screen will center the focus point. There is no other lock

1) This is not how it works for me. Have you tried it? I have it set to always and it works fine in other modes. But when switched to bracketing, it only shows when half pressed.

2) Nope. It talks the original setting and varies the shutter speed

3) Too bad. This would be a nice addition.

5 hours ago, modernvintagephotos said:

Ahhh, I missed that you meant that question with respect to exposure bracketing, not general use.  Apparently Leica implements exposure bracketing by adjusting shutter speed.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, marchyman said:

Ahhh, I missed that you meant that question with respect to exposure bracketing, not general use.  Apparently Leica implements exposure bracketing by adjusting shutter speed.

Yes. Problematic as it means the ISO needs to be set two stops higher to avoid camera shake. 1/60, 1/250, 1/1000 at same ISO instead of 1/250 at ISO 400 1600 and 6400, which would be so much better in most cases.

Simple software solution in Firmware. Do people at Leica read these threads? Is there a way to make suggestions to them? Do the listen to users?

18 hours ago, modernvintagephotos said:

1) This is not how it works for me. Have you tried it? I have it set to always and it works fine in other modes. But when switched to bracketing, it only shows when half pressed.

3) Too bad. This would be a nice addition.

you should probably ask leica for some changes, they are valid points.

1 A  When some functions are active on the screen others don't appear, that is by design or limitation, for example, Perspective control.

2 a. That is really unexpected, I would think when you set something manually it would command that setting. I can only think that they had the intention would be that the noise structure would be the same if you wan to do exposure blending. Or just a programming mistake? The SL will change the ISO is the camera is set to manual.

3a  This has been asked too many times on the cameras too, on SL what they gave us instead is a recenter button. But A single field in the center that does not move would be so simple.

8 minutes ago, modernvintagephotos said:

Do people at Leica read these threads?

the forum people send a report to Leica every quarter with a list of changes they like to see.

but you can email Leica Germany directly and they recorded it too.