Leica Q - Remote Flash Issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

First time using a Leica Q after owning only Canon bodies (And a Spotmatic) I wanted to go on with my usual setup of a single remote flash handheld.

I never really payed attention to connectics, I have a single Yongnuo Yn560-II speedlite and a couple of Yongnuo RF-603C. The setup worked wonders on a Canon body

However the Leica Q seems to trigger the speedlite properly when it is on top (No known compatibility issue) but doesn't fire the flash via the remote controls.

Is there a specific Leica connectics that prevent the RF remotes to trigger the flash?

Maybe it is just a setup issue?

Is there a workaround? I know Yongnuo made equivalents specifics for Nikon camera, maybe those are different and usable? Or others?

I like the lightness of the Yongnuo remote controller but maybe another workaround would be needed such as a TTL cable specific to Leica?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Basically Nikon , Canon, etc. flash protocols do not work with Leica as they are brand-specific, except of course manual on-camera flash. There are several flash experts on the forum. They will undoubtedly guide you.