Survey: Are you planning to buy the new Leica Q3?

Leica Q3 Survey  

551 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to buy the new Leica Q3?

• Yes, already as good as pre-ordered
    • Probably yes, got to check my savings
    • I'm still waiting for reviews and first hand experiences
    • Thanks, I'll stick with my Q2....
    • Leica Q3 is generally not interesting for me
    • Other opinion (please comment below)

Definitely NOT.    After a long time saving I bought a CL, then saved some more to buy lenses.   Then I find you have abandoned CL and CL  lenses.    I thought I was dealing with a trusted company but no.   You left me with an orphan camera and I will never trust Leica again.

• Like 7

No as my Q2 is still a great camera. It has never failed me or let me down.

Secondly I am still not convinced that the Q3 is perfect, flippy screen , looks to much like a Panasonic from the rear.

Lastly people are still reporting problems freezing etc with the camera . which I don't ever recall the Q2 having on release.

• Like 1

Offered $3500 for my 2 year old "mint" condition Q2 towards the Q3 and a possible wait time of 6 months for delivery.  I will keep the Q2 and add a GFX 50SII with lens for the same difference in cost.  The Q3 upgrades don't justify the trade up.  

• Like 2

Don't need 60mp but flippy screen and faster processor/buffer are important to me.

Wish there was an option for a full screen view rather than rangefinder style. Have a rangefinder camera for that!

I have the Q3 already and I love it. I find the eye autofocus very responsive and sticky for what I do, better than the Q2. I use the Q system as my travel camera and the additional crop will be useful.  The detail is fabulous.  I could do without the flip screen, but I love the USB-C charging.

I have mine on order from Robert's/Indy.  Hopefully, the wait won't be too long.  I like the higher resolution which will aid in more severe cropping when needed.  I began this Leica journey with the original Q, upgraded for the weather sealing, and now for the resolution.  This could well be the final one, who knows.

• Like 1

My first Leica camera was the Q which I thought was magic with its low light performance and look. Since that time have had a son who is now 4. I had the Q2 but found it missed focus a lot with him and people in general. I found myself not very happy with it. I sold it and waited for the q3 which I have. The focus is great and on par with Sony. I am very happy with it and feel like that magic is back and I’m not missing the shot. 

No way, the Leica Fotos app won't work with that either I expect , so why on earth would I spend more savagely expensive Euros for the same frustration....then there is the issue of poor detail in highlights...has that been dealt with in the Q3? Sorry but until Leica gives value for money no. Which is a shame because the Q2 handles well...

• Like 1