Screwmount lenses on a CL

40 minutes ago, DAVIDMC100 said:

Has anyone ever shot with a screwmount lens on a CL? So it would need the screwmount to M adapter and then the M adapter to L. Would that all fit together? I already have the M to L adapter.

No problem at all. This adapted Tessar 35/3.5 is almost stuck on the camera together with a 6-bit coded Metabone LTM to M adapter and the Leica M to L adapter allowing for focus magnification with the top dials of the camera. Works fine with my other LTM lenses too, namely Elmar 35/3.5, Skopar 50/2.5, and Jupiter 85/2.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lct
  • Like 1

Couple of snaps with Tessar 35/3.5, Elmar 35/3.5, Skopar 50/2.5, and Jupiter 85/2.

Edited by lct
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, DAVIDMC100 said:

Has anyone ever shot with a screwmount lens on a CL? So it would need the screwmount to M adapter and then the M adapter to L. Would that all fit together? I already have the M to L adapter.

Correct, that is the combination, the best adapter from M to L, it is the original one from Leica, it is the one that I have tried. I have read that some have bought another non-original adapter and have had problems.

In TL2 that is the one I have and it is similar to CL without problems. Always in Manual (MF).

• 5 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I used Rayqual LTM -> M-mount adapters on my lenses for the Color-Skopar 28mm and 50mm lenses, as well as the Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special, the entire time I had the CL body, and mounted them on the CL with the Leica M Adapter L. They worked flawlessly, and had the spaces marked out so I coded fhem for automatic identification with the Leica lens profiles I found worked well with them. 

G

28 minutes ago, DenverSteve said:

Why wouldn't you just use a LTM - L adaptor?

You need to go through the Leica M to L adapter to be able to set the zoom that helps focus.

12 hours ago, Dopaco said:

You need to go through the Leica M to L adapter to be able to set the zoom that helps focus.

No quite true. With the original adapter you use the wheel, with a third-party one the arrow keys. 

• Like 1