M8 and SL (601)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Been shooting with both today.

Not using the same lenses. Voight 28mm Ultron with IR cut filter on M8 and the Tokyo Kogaku RE AUTO-Topcor f2.8 35mm on SL. Both shot at f4 Iso 160 and 100 respectively. ODNG out of camera converted in Lightroom to jpegs.

Loving the results on both. The RE A-T has a close focus of 10" 0.25m which was a treat to shoot with.

Loved the ease of use of the SL with the focus button and focus peaking. Struggled by comparison focusing the  same picture with the M8

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

For a comparison I would have use ISO 200 on the SL, just closer exposure wise, or increase the exposure on the SL DNG. Too much exposure difference in the two images. Is the 28 Topcor a LMT lens or a lens from a Topcon SLR? If you have an Exacta to M adapter you would be able to zone focus the Topcor on the M8, I have done this with a Schneider Retina 28, but I like my little 25 Canon better, in fairness to the Retina lens it was dropped at some point.