New: Leica Q3 with 60 MP BSI Sensor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, JOCO34 said:

Are batteries for the Q2 interchangeable with the Q3?

I have watched several review videos this morning and as per usual "Mathphotographer" from Zurich has done a very thorough job providing answers to every question I had plus many more.  

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr. G said:

I know this is not a 1:1 comparison, but how does the low light performance, especially noise at higher ISOs, compare to the SL2-S?  

I would expect it to be similar to M11, which is similar to SL2-S. Tests will confirm it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dennis said:

If only it had a 35mm lens 😒 I'm a happy owner of the Q2M, but TBH, I always wished for a different lens. 

For the same reason, I only have one 28mm and multiple 35's 

I guess the Q3M will use the same 28mm lens

Dennis, the Reid Reviews report today says the Q3's 35mm crop has a 38.67 MP sensor equivalent size.

Edited by goodbokeh
typo
  • Like 1

However, there are two fundamental problems on this camera:

- Maximum continuous shooting mode limited to 4fps in 14bit with AF...

- No external microphone jack for a camera that includes so much video spec...not comprehensible...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Perfect moment to negotiate a decent discount on a Q2 and get some accessories for free 😇
There are just 2 things that really attract me to a Q3 and these are the low light performance and better body paint. A flip screen and the buttons on the right side are no gos for me.

Edited by Phil75
  • Like 1

No. The price you pay for it, and more importantly what the average (majority) of users can gain from it is bloated in both dimensions. I'm sure Leica knows that people will buy it because they are sure to make their photographs 'better', but generally speaking the more the IQ of the sensor goes up the IQ of the owners comes down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

Lovely. Not very increased price.

And huge plus is DNG sizes.

This function to me is dividing line between professional and amateur cameras.

Can't find battery price, is it two or three hundred $ ?

So if I trade my Q for a Q3 I can finally tell my clients and the two galleries that handle my work that I am finally a ‘professional’ 😂

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, JOCO34 said:

10 hours ago, JOCO34 said:

Yes, but you lose some functions with the old battery. Reviews cover this 

10 hours ago, goodbokeh said:

Dennis, the Reid Reviews report today says the Q3's 35mm crop has a 38.67 MP sensor equivalent size.

Yes, that's interesting. However, considering that it has a 60MP resolution but only shoots at 39MP, I don't see enough justification to purchase the new camera. Additionally, the 35mm view in the electronic viewfinder (EVF) appears similar to the 35mm frame line in the optical viewfinder (OVF) of an M camera with a 35mm lens. When using an EVF, I prefer not to see anything outside of the frame.

But... If the Q3M were to be released with the same specifications as the Q3 but equipped with a monochrome sensor, a tilt screen, and... a 35mm lens, I would be absolutely amazed. Where can I sign up? 

• Like 1