Leica M10-D Cases

julian79

20 minutes ago, julian79 said:

Hi all,

looking for a case / half case for a Leica M10-D body.
Seem as there not that many options. 

What do people use if at all? 

Thank you.

Luigi made the half-case for my M10-D. His website is a headache but Luigi himself is nice to deal with. The cases are well made too.

Scroll down on this page to find the M10-D half cases:

https://www.luigicases.com/a000.GALLERYnewCasesLeathers.htm

• Like 2

Hi Julian, I'll cover the cheapskate option :)

I've always used Artisan & Artist half cases for my rangefinders (and have a drawer full of old models) but they don't make one for the M10-D. 

I'd tried using the stock A&A M10 case with the screen cutout for a while but wasn't happy with it. I also tried a couple of my film half cases, aesthetically better but it was difficult to use the back dial on the M10-D.

I eventually bought a case from Amazon, can see it under the search "Handmade Genuine Real Leather Half Camera Case Bag Cover for Leica M10-D M10D Black".  I believe it's a Chinese Funper brand case sold by multiple sellers. It's fine, not as nice as the A&A cases but the leather has softened up and the back cutout works fine. I'm thinking of punching an additional small hole in the back of the case so that I can see the LED flashing.

Both the Luigi and Arte de Mano cases look really nice.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb robbie3:

I'd tried using the stock A&A M10 case with the screen cutout for a while but wasn't happy with it

That is what I do with my M10-D and I am quite comfortable with the A&A M10 case, because the screen cutout gives ample space to turn the back dial with the thumbs.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, robbie3 said:

Hi Julian, I'll cover the cheapskate option :)

I've always used Artisan & Artist half cases for my rangefinders (and have a drawer full of old models) but they don't make one for the M10-D. 

I'd tried using the stock A&A M10 case with the screen cutout for a while but wasn't happy with it. I also tried a couple of my film half cases, aesthetically better but it was difficult to use the back dial on the M10-D.

I eventually bought a case from Amazon, can see it under the search "Handmade Genuine Real Leather Half Camera Case Bag Cover for Leica M10-D M10D Black".  I believe it's a Chinese Funper brand case sold by multiple sellers. It's fine, not as nice as the A&A cases but the leather has softened up and the back cutout works fine. I'm thinking of punching an additional small hole in the back of the case so that I can see the LED flashing.

Both the Luigi and Arte de Mano cases look really nice.

Thank you @robbie3 :) 

1 hour ago, Smudgerer said:

Luigi made the half-case for my M10-D. His website is a headache but Luigi himself is nice to deal with. The cases are well made too.

Scroll down on this page to find the M10-D half cases:

https://www.luigicases.com/a000.GALLERYnewCasesLeathers.htm

They do look great, did you get the strap too? @Smudgerer

Edited by julian79

Heres mine from artedimano for your referance. Be aware that with the leather case, it becomes even harder to turn the camera on or switch to Wifi, if you are not having hard enough time already lol.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The case is with Avantino Grip, which is unique.

In my opinion, they have the best hard & thick 1:1 fit to the Leica cameras. When other manufacturers like Artisans, and even Leica cases are like 1:1.1 fit which becomes even more lose over time. Also due to leather being not as hard and thick. 

• 2 weeks later...