London photo walk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone, 

I'm organising a photo walk for Leica users on the 8th of July 23.

It's a social kind of event but we're going to take pictures as well!

I am the organiser of the Leica User Group London, on the Meetup platform, and I'm using it to organise it.

The event is here:

https://www.meetup.com/leica-user-group-london/events/293487788/

Feel free to join the walk, I'm looking forward to meet some of you in person!

Hope to se some of you guys there.

Flavio

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/23/2023 at 9:51 PM, Sonia said:

Hello Flavio,

unfortunately can't join you on the 8th July. But if you are organising further walks in the future, I'll try to join you.

Sonia

Hi Sonia, I will definitely organise other ones. Hope to see you on the next!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any others of the Uttlesford/Cambridge area members going to this meet up?  As the meeting starts at 11.00 I am hoping to get the Cambridge - Liverpool St. train (from Elsenham) that arrives at 10.45.

Susie

Sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news but there is an ASLEF (train drivers') overtime ban on Saturday 8th July so if you're planning to travel by train then there are likely to be sudden cancellations and delays.  All of the Train Operating Companies rely on drivers doing overtime to cover shifts so the overtime ban will leave trains without drivers, and in some instances drivers refusing to take a train out because the journey would run past the end of a shift.

Pete.

• Thanks 4

On 7/3/2023 at 8:35 PM, farnz said:

Sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news but there is an ASLEF (train drivers') overtime ban on Saturday 8th July so if you're planning to travel by train then there are likely to be sudden cancellations and delays.  All of the Train Operating Companies rely on drivers doing overtime to cover shifts so the overtime ban will leave trains without drivers, and in some instances drivers refusing to take a train out because the journey would run past the end of a shift.

Pete.

That's a pity. I've only just read about the meeting and would have loved to have attended, but if the train drivers are on an overtime ban it's no good, as I would have been coming by train from Huntingdon.

1 hour ago, lanetomlane said:

That's a pity. I've only just read about the meeting and would have loved to have attended, but if the train drivers are on an overtime ban it's no good, as I would have been coming by train from Huntingdon.

There might be no problem at all, Tom, and it's a case of 'staying current' with an app like Live Trains (that takes its feed directly from the live Network Rail operating data).

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been my wife's carer for the last 18 months, so am effectively "under house arrest", and unable to go anywhere outside of the village where we live. But I hope that your outing proves successful and enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, roydonian said:

I've been my wife's carer for the last 18 months, so am effectively "under house arrest", and unable to go anywhere outside of the village where we live. But I hope that your outing proves successful and enjoyable.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Best wishes for you and your wife!