Question about mount on the Summicron 5f 1.2 lens.

Luxi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I Have this lens it's 1956 and would like to mount it on my Fujifilm XT3 medium format digital camera.

I want to buy an adapter ring but unsure as to what to order, ie size don't want to order the wrong fit. Thanks.

Welcome! The screw mount version is rare, so I assume that you have the M bajonet version there is only one M mount and one screw mount size and type so you cannot go wrong Visit the Novoflex site for good quality and clear information. 

Thank you..just wondering because I am buying off ebay uk..and there are another couple of options..M39  and  M42..(I don't know what these are)....just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

PS yes I have the bayonet fit.

Edited by Luxi

On 5/4/2023 at 2:12 PM, Luxi said:

I Have this lens it's 1956 and would like to mount it on my Fujifilm XT3 medium format digital camera.

I want to buy an adapter ring but unsure as to what to order, ie size don't want to order the wrong fit. Thanks.

Slightly confused - Fuji XT3 is not medium format - it is aps-c.  If its an M mount on your Summicron this or something similar is fine ..

https://www.kentfaith.co.uk/KF06.100_leica-m-lenses-to-fuji-x-mount-camera-adapter?gclid=CjwKCAjw3ueiBhBmEiwA4BhspA40k0BlgdTezw9SFC8XGeEkXNjq5FthTvem4amoXiLVsHlfItJ6ExoCUKwQAvD_BwE

If LTM (screw/thread mount)... then something like this:

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/leica-m39-lens-to-fuji-adaptor---leica-m39-lens-to-fuji-x-camera-adaptor-13977-p.asp?gclid=CjwKCAjw3ueiBhBmEiwA4BhspH6XXIaCUSMCDT6VBhkmtut_BUUT1jatO0c6PMmMSh4XUx6xLroKPRoCLVsQAvD_BwE

Just should add - I have used (in the past) the K&F adaptor on Fuji X and the quality is fine.

Edited by Boojay