M10 Monochrom issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Unless there’s a weird setting I’ve missed somewhere, I’m guessing the unit I’ve received has a fault. 

When taking photos of a high contrast image, I get weird dots around the image. 

Anyone else seen this before?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

9 hours ago, Aussierob78 said:

Anyone else seen this before?

it doesnt quite look like hot pixels to me (it doesnt look random enough), but you might wanna rule that out. put on your body cap and take a picture and try again with your lens and keep the lens cap on. also try a different image editor  

Yeah it changes with each image. You can see it on the back of the camera when playing back the images. Weirdly, doesn’t show up in live view though, only after the image has been taken. 
Firmware is up to date, camera has been reset to defaults. Have tried different SD cards to rule that out too

11 hours ago, Aussierob78 said:

Yeah it changes with each image. You can see it on the back of the camera when playing back the images. Weirdly, doesn’t show up in live view though, only after the image has been taken. 
Firmware is up to date, camera has been reset to defaults. Have tried different SD cards to rule that out too

does this appear in JPEG, DNG or both? does this show up with normally exposed image? 

i would seriously try a differ editor just to rule out some kind of software issue. sometimes banding shows up if i push some of my images too hard, but they wont normally look like your example

Edited by sometimesmaybe