Filter wallet / filter case / filter pouch for 39mm and 43mm filters

raizans

I use a Compact Flash cards wallet for the 39mm filters. I bring with me always several b&w filters, a Polarizer, a graduated neutral density for the skys, a IR715 filter. It was a nightmare before I discoverd the CF wallet.

I also bring several 46mm filters for the 24mm and 90mm lenses; the only solution Ihave found is the keep them togheter with screw cap on both ends. Quite annoying when I need one filter … but traditional filter wallet start from 52mm, if you have 6/8 filters the wallet is really big.

I now use a CF wallet also for the Rolleiflex Bay III filters.

I don’t see any limitation in this solution.

I don't have one, but JJC makes filter pouches in a couple of sizes, the smallest taking 4 filters up to 58mm, model JJC FP-K4S. Still a little big for 43mm, but smaller than most, and with a neoprene lining that's probably softer than a CF card wallet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Protective-Neoprene-Interior-microfiber/dp/B097R525PD/?th=1

Or maybe this Shimoda wrap, which goes up to 52mm:

https://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/cable_other_pouches/shimoda_mini_wrap_black/30692_p.html

4 hours ago, Anbaric said:

Buying this filter wallet was the inspiration for this post! It's a good size for Hasselblad B50 filters, but it's on the large side for 39mm and 43mm filters. It also has a bulky belt strap that I never use, and the translucent sheet makes it hard to tell the difference between yellow and yellow-green filters, much less haze and KR1.5.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Multiple small filters fit into large filter case, these can be bought separately, large case in photo is B&W. Any gaps can be filled by rubber grommets or O-rings which can be found in any hardware store, these prevent rattling in transport.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb rramesh:

Great stuff. I also use them for my filters. But unfortunately I never found one for 39 mm.

14 hours ago, mmradman said:

Multiple small filters fit into large filter case, these can be bought separately, large case in photo is B&W. Any gaps can be filled by rubber grommets or O-rings which can be found in any hardware store, these prevent rattling in transport.

Never saw that before. Pretty clever!

• 3 weeks later...

I got myself a custom wallet made, just to keep 39 and 43mm filter. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

My 55mm/46mm/39mm/34mm filter holders for your reference. These filter holders were customized by my friend(manufactory owner) as a gift for me(personal use only). 

Edited by Erato

Buy a camera bag large enough to have some spare pockets and just drop the filters in, it doesn't need to be such a performance.

For storing them at home I use filter wallets similar to that shown in post #5, each with large enough pockets that 39mm and 46mm filters can be stored side by side, so in a wallet with eight pouches I store 16 filters. Larger filters for my Nikon's and medium format I have wallets with larger pouches, and for large format filters they stay in the camera rucksack in their original plastic boxes.

something I picked up a few years ago - definitely not a Leica item IMHO (no logo/lettering) but it's made for 3 x 39mm filters

• Like 1