What is your most used lens on your Leica Monochrom?

satijntje

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Since a few weeks I am a proud owner of a 2.8cm  1:5.6 Summaron from my year of birth 1957.
I found this beauty on Ebay small adverts and now it is my most used lens on the M10M.
As I am not looking to the best possible bokeh on my B&W images and the M10M can easily be used at high ISO, f5.6 is mostly sufficient for my B&W Photography. 

Just curious to know what your most used lens is on your M Monochrom.
A picture showing it would e nice 🙂

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

28mm Elmarit asph v1 & Leitz Orange filter.

For me the Elmarit is a perfect combination of size & performance and is as fast as I require from a 28. I don't have a photo of the combination but, for a bit of fun, will endeavour to take a quick snap of it today.

Philip.

• Like 1

Voigtländer Nokton 1.5/50 Bicolor

• Like 5

Lux 50 asph…

• Like 5

6 hours ago, satijntje said:

Since a few weeks I am a proud owner of a 2.8cm  1:5.6 Summaron from my year of birth 1957.
I found this beauty on Ebay small adverts and now it is my most used lens on the M10M.
As I am not looking to the best possible bokeh on my B&W images and the M10M can easily be used at high ISO, f5.6 is mostly sufficient for my B&W Photography. 

Just curious to know what your most used lens is on your M Monochrom.
A picture showing it would e nice 🙂

Confusing title, as the M Monochrom is the name for the original, M9 based, Monochrom.  But based on your post with the M10 Monochrom, you’re looking for examples with all 4 iterations. That might lead to different lens preferences and pairings.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

• satijntje changed the title to What is your most used lens on your Leica Monochrom?
vor einer Stunde schrieb Jeff S:

Confusing title, as the M Monochrom is the name for the original, M9 based, Monochrom.  But based on your post with the M10 Monochrom, you’re looking for examples with all 4 iterations. That might lead to different lens preferences and pairings.

Jeff

Thanks for spotting this.
I have changed the text in the title 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, satijntje said:

...A picture showing it would e nice...:)...

As suggested in post #2 I managed to get one shot at long last. Snapped on M-D Typ-262, 50mm Summicron v3;

Philip.

• Like 3

vor 22 Stunden schrieb erudolph:

Since buying the 18mm SEM several months ago, it hasn’t come off the M10M

Same with me I like it a lot, Only to use it with filters is a little problematic. In this case its difficult to find a suitable lens hood. I decided now to omitting lens hood, when using filters.

• Like 2

Currently it's mostly my 50mm Summilux ASPH. and it's gotten to the point that I feel like I need to get a second one (or maybe the new close focus one) for my colour M.. not sure yet. Another great lens I love using on this camera is the 90mm APO though, it's incredible.

• Like 1

1960 35mm Sumaron 2.8. It's very sharp, but the contrast is a little gentler than with modern lenses.

• Like 7

M10M/50 APO and M9M 50 NOCT

• Like 3

The M or M10 Monochrom is no different from any other M with respect to favorite lens.. I use 35 or 50 most of the time, 28 and 75 right after that, on all of them. Other choices are more infrequent and usually for specific shooting needs.

G

My most-used lens, on an M Type 246 Monochrom, is currently the Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/1,4 ZM. Nothing else comes close.

Before I bought the Distagon, the first lens that I tended to use on the Monochrom was an Elmarit-R 28mm, with an orange filter, and a Novoflex adapter. (My Elmarit-R is not the more desirable E55 version.) When I then added a Zeiss 21mm f/4,5 ZM, it then became my most-used lens, on the Monochrom, with yellow and orange filters.

I do have several Leica M lenses, including a Summilux-M 50mm ASPH, with which I started using the M system, but I tend to use them on a color M10. I added an M Type 246 Monochrom, after I had already been using an M10.

• Like 1

I have an M246 and use either a 28/2.8 Elmarit or a 50/2 Summicron (Ver. 5)  I don't see a huge difference in sharpness or image quality.  Both are excellent, but I might give the Summicron a slight edge in having a bit more contrast.  

When I first got the M246 I had a Voightlander 50/2 APO-Lanthar.  It was pretty nice on my SL2-S shooting in color, but for some reason I didn't really care for the monochrome images.  They just seemed a bit dull.  I suppose it's personal taste, but the monochrome images with the Summicron had a lot more character and tonality.