MP Price, UK, Sept 2022

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I noticed the MP has risen up to £4830 on Wex. can someone confirm what the price was previously in Sept 2022. Was it £4400?

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/leica-mp-0-72-camera-body-black-1775609/?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=shopforward&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwszHqvW__gIVR7TtCh1AuwrOEAQYAiABEgJJlfD_BwE

On the secondhand market, the cost of that price increase alone would buy you a decent example of almost any other (non M) 35mm camera, including pro models like the Nikon F5, F3 or F2, not to mention nearly any Leica R or LTM model that isn't collector fodder.

1 hour ago, Anbaric said:

On the secondhand market, the cost of that price increase alone would buy you a decent example of almost any other (non M) 35mm camera, including pro models like the Nikon F5, F3 or F2, not to mention nearly any Leica R or LTM model that isn't collector fodder.

The stoopid MP style film advance lever that I bought for my M6 costs more than an entire F2 camera.  And it is just a little piece of metal...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:21 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

Inflation in the UK is running at 10%, and it's not much lower in Germany, so it's not a surprise!

I guess it's a price increase that reflects Leica's costs, but like I said to my window cleaner when he told me the monthly price was going up, 'you'd better only do them every other month from now on'. So he lost half his income from me over a 10% price increase. And I think Leica are in a similar situation, do they want 90% of something or 100% of nothing because with no alternative cheaper options in their range making the books look good for their shareholders is slowly driving a wedge between their customers.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:08 PM, 250swb said:

I guess it's a price increase that reflects Leica's costs, but like I said to my window cleaner when he told me the monthly price was going up, 'you'd better only do them every other month from now on'. So he lost half his income from me over a 10% price increase. And I think Leica are in a similar situation, do they want 90% of something or 100% of nothing because with no alternative cheaper options in their range making the books look good for their shareholders is slowly driving a wedge between their customers.

Things are getting a little bit pricey.  In Australia, 10% gets added onto the European and USA RRP.  ie The UK/EUR Leica online store price (inc VAT) + 10% = Australian Price.   Even more baffling when one considers exports should presumably be VAT free and our Goods & Services Tax is 10% versus the European/UK equivalent of over 20% 

Consequently latest releases here are looking very expensive 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:08 PM, 250swb said:

I feel the same. I have the means to buy any of the cameras or lenses in the current lineup, but it’s reached a point where it’s just not that attractive a proposition. I bought a brand new analog M a few years ago. I was considering buying another, but no longer feel compelled to do so. I gave up on the digital Ms long ago as the purchase makes even less sense with the nature of digital. Maybe I’m no longer the target customer demographic they are seeking, or just have enough equipment already.