Anamorphic lenses

01maciel

18 minutes ago, musers said:

Mac

Great. I see you have a Xpro, in that case, Squeezefix is a little python script that should help you.

But for Leica and all cameras using DNG as their raw format, if you have exiftool installed, you can launch the Terminal app, point it to a folder of your choice, and run the following command:

exiftool -overwrite_original_in_place -DefaultScale="1.33 1" *.*

it will desqueeze all the images in the folder into a 1.33 squeeze ratio. Replace 1.33 with the aspect ratio of your lens, e.g. 1.5 etc. 

After that, import the photos into Lightroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately I cannot compete with Dick Sweeny - so my photographic skills will have to suffice at this point.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Talking about the anamorphic flares, Sirui offers a Saturn (version of) 35mm T2.9 1.6x lens with "neutral" flare (not blue), which, they say, it is also tamed down when compared to the blue flare version. It is the one from my link on post #18. It is the one I have just ordered. Pretty small and lightweight when compared to the 01maciel's lens.

2 hours ago, catacore said:

Talking about the anamorphic flares, Sirui offers a Saturn (version of) 35mm T2.9 1.6x lens with "neutral" flare (not blue), which, they say, it is also tamed down when compared to the blue flare version. It is the one from my link on post #18. It is the one I have just ordered. Pretty small and lightweight when compared to the 01maciel's lens.

im picking up the Nanomorph silver one, which apparently is even smaller than the Siriu. 

S1R + Sirui 35mm T2.9 Anamorphic FF 1.6X

• Like 4

They're all nice anamorphic shots however I do find it somewhat strange without the black bars. Lol I guess I just associate wide view with cinema.

The Sirui Saturn is probably the smallest Ff anamorphic lens to date and it's great they're introducing neutral flare. Sometimes I find the blue flares too distracting. Hopefully they'll introduce more focal lengths 

I was also considering the anamorphot to adapt other lenses but the quality from Sirui is great.

Does the S1R have a desqueeze in camera?

Edited by cboy
  • Like 1

Am 19.4.2023 um 19:08 schrieb catacore:

It doesn't come with the L-mount.