User profile not retained when turn off camera and on again [merged]

Carrot

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been liaising with Leica Support on this issue since I started this forum discussion.  They have been extremely helpful in trying to resolve it, and help me establish if I have a rogue APO SL 50mm and S-E 21mm M F3.4, or it's a firmware glitch.  They have been replicating my user profiles and testing it out, and today I got a reply indicating that I do not have rogue lenses since they are also experiencing the same issue of the user profile disappearing when the camera is turned back on with the 50mm lens, and maybe some others.  They indicated that there is currently no remedy for this issue, and that it may be a firmware issue of the camera in conjunction with the lens.  A ticket has been opened with their developers for investigation, and I will post any further updates I get from them.

I am a very recent convert to Leica, having sold all my Fujifilm X and GFX kit 5 months ago and invested in the SL2-S and Q2.  I've been impressed with the cameras and lenses, from an image quality, user interface, and engineering perspective.  From my first encounter with Leica Support I am equally impressed by the way they stuck with me through various emails trying different things to resolve the issue.  I am satisfied now that my lenses are not rogues and that it's a firmware issue, and that it has been taken back in-house to resolve ... hopefully in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone.  I'm reviving this dead-end thread of mine to let you know about something I've discovered.  Since I published the topic and exposed the problem, I have continued to take pictures with my SL, with enormous satisfaction, even if always with the annoyance of having to reset some items (WB, lens profile, etc.....) every every time I turned off the camera or changed lens, or changed profile...... Yesterday I tried, before turning off the SL, to use the item: "Save as profile", subsequently reselecting the profile I had just used with chose the lens I was using, choosing, that is, the same.  I then turned off the SL and turned the SL back on and....... Magic!!  The WB and the lens profile and the user profile were, this time, unchanged!!!!!!!  It didn't happen before!!!!  I never thought that it should be done like this, because I was used to my Nikon D810 and all Nikon digital SLR cameras that I have used since 2005 (many!), with which all settings remained memorized if the camera was switched off or you changed your profile (even there are four customizable user profiles)...... I was used to this and I never thought it was necessary to re-memorize with the same user profile!!!!!  Now everything is perfect!!!!  As far as my problem is concerned, therefore, all solved!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2023 at 7:01 AM, Carrot said:

I've been liaising with Leica Support on this issue since I started this forum discussion.  They have been extremely helpful in trying to resolve it, and help me establish if I have a rogue APO SL 50mm and S-E 21mm M F3.4, or it's a firmware glitch.  They have been replicating my user profiles and testing it out, and today I got a reply indicating that I do not have rogue lenses since they are also experiencing the same issue of the user profile disappearing when the camera is turned back on with the 50mm lens, and maybe some others.  They indicated that there is currently no remedy for this issue, and that it may be a firmware issue of the camera in conjunction with the lens.  A ticket has been opened with their developers for investigation, and I will post any further updates I get from them.

I am a very recent convert to Leica, having sold all my Fujifilm X and GFX kit 5 months ago and invested in the SL2-S and Q2.  I've been impressed with the cameras and lenses, from an image quality, user interface, and engineering perspective.  From my first encounter with Leica Support I am equally impressed by the way they stuck with me through various emails trying different things to resolve the issue.  I am satisfied now that my lenses are not rogues and that it's a firmware issue, and that it has been taken back in-house to resolve ... hopefully in the not too distant future.

This is good to know, thank you for sharing this information with us. I have the same issue on my SL2 with my SL lenses (35 APO and 75 APO). It has been an issue with my camera for a long time (over 2 years). I have incorporated checking the user profile before i start taking photos to change to my preferred default profile. I wish Leica would allow us to change the default profile to suit our needs, but that does not seem to be the case. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting as I have put my 50mm on my SL2 instead of the 24-90mm and now each time I turn it on, it goes to the default profile instead of my user profile I was last on. I am assuming that I too have a problem on my camera with the 50mm