Leica Q3 ?

Am 16.4.2023 um 22:06 schrieb HansiMustermann:

I give you a hint: I have bought a new Q2 right now, I hope it will arrive next week. So you can be sure Leica will present a new Q3 at the end of next week. 🤷‍♂️

Q2 arrived - Q3 should be launched tomorrow. It‘s like washing the car - it will rain next day for sure… 

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, Qwertynm said:

Or it could mean that they finalized the golden build of the firmware for the Q3 and are releasing the improved face/eye detect algorithm to the Q2 as well. Who really knows? 

Logic says no on two fronts:

1) You never give anything away for free and why give a software upgrade to a camera that's got at maximum a year before it's replaced.

2) The sensor in the Q3 will be significantly more powerful (we have been led to believe) so the v5.0 improvements for the Q2 will need to be redeveloped for the new sensor and its greater capabilities.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, Le Chef said:

I think you have breathing room until the autumn at the earliest, and if they launch the critical SL3 first, then spring of next year may be it for the Q3. The new firmware is a good indicator of it not arriving soon.

Don’t agree. Q3 will be released first, likely early summer, SL3 after. Q3 is a far more important camera for Leica than the SL series

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, trickness said:

Don’t agree. Q3 will be released first, likely early summer, SL3 after. Q3 is a far more important camera for Leica than the SL series

Then we disagree for all the reasons I've stated in early posts.

59 minutes ago, trickness said:

Great! So when the Q3 comes out before the SL3 (which even Leica rumors has suggested) you can state your mea culpa in a late post 😂

And of course you will do the honorable thing and do likewise.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tommge said:

Where did you read/hear such rumors?

I would be happy with a Q3 in May 😀

This seems most unlikely.  Leica Manchester are quoting up to 16 weeks delivery for the Q2 Disney.  I doubt this latest limited edition would overlap with the Q3.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Le Chef said:

Agree. You also don’t go through the expense of a major Firmware upgrade to give away on a camera that will be replaced in a couple of months. That’s not sound business sense.

Not entirely true. 
Leica also released a firmware update for the original SL after the SL2 had already been released for about two years. 

12 hours ago, Le Chef said:

Agree. You also don’t go through the expense of a major Firmware upgrade to give away on a camera that will be replaced in a couple of months. That’s not sound business sense.

If, as rumours suggest, the Q2 might be retained as a "Q-E", then such a conclusion may not be safe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

Not entirely true. 
Leica also released a firmware update for the original SL after the SL2 had already been released for about two years. 

Do you know why? On the surface of it, it doesn’t make sense to do so.