Ducati and owner. Donington Park Classic Bike Race meeting. England July 2022.

David Burns

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Thanks Huss,

Normally when I go to race meetings, I photograph the racing but on this occasion went around the pits and garages talking to owners and riders whilst snapping with my Q2M - a most extraordinary camera! It was very pleasurable and resulted in a series of photographs with which I am very pleased. I was having so much fun, I did not even go out to the circuit!

There is one more here from the same meeting. The owner in the picture had an ex-works Norton Rotary racer in the van as well as the Yamaha you can see.

Best wishes, David.

• Like 3

Thanks Lelmer,

I have just realised that I have already posted the images above- just after I took them last year! Apologies for being so forgetful. However, here is one more from the same meeting that I have not published before!

Best wishes,

David.

Edited by David Burns
re-phrasing.
  • Like 2

They deserve to be published again, specially to celebrate Ducati placing 4 out of top 5 in yesterday’s Moto GP.  Not one Japanese bike in top 7! (Others were Aprilia and KTM).  How times have changed after 50 years of Japanese domination.  

31 minutes ago, dem331 said:

They deserve to be published again, specially to celebrate Ducati placing 4 out of top 5 in yesterday’s Moto GP.  Not one Japanese bike in top 7! (Others were Aprilia and KTM).  How times have changed after 50 years of Japanese domination.  

Sadly, in my mind, so have the Ducati bikes, I had three of the old V twins which I loved: including a 916 engined Monster and a Panigale 1199s but Ducati had too move onto V4 to become competitive, which does appear top have worked, however.

PS @David Burns, Love the photographs, thank you.

Edited by Marc B-C

Thank you Stuart and Marc, you are very kind.

Marc, I have never actually owned a Ducati but admit that I have admired their climb back from their low state in GPs after Casey Stoner retired. 

I was also lucky enough to watch Mike Hailwood at Mallory Park in the 1978 post TT series riding the Sports Motorcycles Ducati that he had ridden at the Island. He never once looked as though he was going fast and he and the Ducati just gradually and gracefully swept past every other bike on the track, even though the Ducati was probably at least 10% less powerful than most! Truly awesome. I was surrounded by people in  tears watching this extraordinary man and his bike! 

Here is another Ducati for you!

Best wishes,

David.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember jumping up and down watching that race on TV! :)  Brilliant riding - a never to be forgotten race.

6 hours ago, dem331 said:

Thanks - waiting for tonight's MotoGP report! :D 

3 minutes ago, Graham (G4FUJ) said:

I remember jumping up and down watching that race on TV! :)  Brilliant riding - a never to be forgotten race.

Thanks - waiting for tonight's MotoGP report! :D 

Hope I didn’t spoil it for you. The first few laps are great. The Spanish riders are mad at Marquez - they think he should get a ban.